Jsa interview 13 weeks

geeza2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

JSA INTERVIEW 13 WEEKS

Also due to me leaving work and being unemployed it made me fell unhappy and signing on JSA you’re meant to go look for work.

I on the other hand have not been filling the "Looking for work book" in but just simply righting things down; I know it wrong but the state of mind I am in does not help i.e no job after 10 years 80% cut in income every month all builds up.

On top of that I thought let me do something about it, so signed up to a course costing £7000 over 3 years.

That’s when I discovered ConsumerActionGroup on the net and reading the forums I discovered it was a [problem]. With some very friendly advice I managed to send a letter to cancel within 7 days.

So that’s was another down fall back to square one. I am totally not ready to show the advisor anything as I haven’t applied anywhere.

I need courses to better myself, training any advice what I can do because I don’t want to be investigated and time is short.

What i can say to the adviser?

What to put down on the book?

Edited by geeza2012

as long as you are taking the steps to seek employment as per your Job Seeker Agreemebt, e.g local paper, interbnet searches and applying for suitable vacancies then you should be ok,

have you asked your advisor if there are any courses that you can be referred to? you may be surprised

You must must must complete the "looking for work book" if not, I've been told they can stop your benefits. You can write that you have looked in your local paper, searched particular websites etc., but you must complete it. Also the Job Centre seem to be useless at helping people with courses as I have been asking them about free courses for months, to no avail. Not sure what sort of courses you are interested in but I just enrolled today with Learn Direct to do a free computer course - so try your local branch, it's definitely available and best of all free. Try to keep your spirits up and good luck.

What have you been showing your advisor at your fortnightly signing on appointments? So long as you can justify (with proof) what you are doing to seek work then they should be happy with it.

In regards to courses, ask them what they have available - I was sent on a 2 week basic computer course which focused on items such as PowerPoint, Excel and word processing - they even did CV writing with us. They often have access to numeracy and literacy courses and things like customer service skills, employability skills and similar things.

If you don't ask them then they can't know you want to improve your employability and attractiveness to potential employers.

Feebee_71

misslikklebit it is not compulsory to complete the es4 diary but it is adviable to keep written/typed record of jobsearch, and the JCP have had funding for courses whittled back to virtually nothing so courses are far fewer than a couple of years ago which is why places like learn direct teamup weith JCP to offer their services and you can be referred via the JCP for specific areas of training, we work very closely with learn direct and a couple of local colleges who provide varying courses that are funded from somewhere (not sure where sfrom sorry), but there are some vourses available usually very basic but can still be useful.

I have never been told to write in the booklet. I was once told that as long as it's recorded, they're not fussed.

Times have changed after 10 years in a job then going on toJSA I can see the difference.

They now want you to fill every job you have applied for properly,even give them contact number so they can follow up to make sure you are jobsearching.

as long as you are taking the steps to seek employment as per your Job Seeker Agreemebt, e.g local paper, interbnet searches and applying for suitable vacancies then you should be ok,

have you asked your advisor if there are any courses that you can be referred to? you may be surprised

Well this Thursday I have my 13 week interview with the jobcentreadvisor, so for sure I am going to ask for courses because I need more skilland qualifications.

Thank you for your time.

misslikklebit it is not compulsory to complete the es4 diary but it is adviable to keep written/typed record of jobsearch, and the JCP have had funding for courses whittled back to virtually nothing so courses are far fewer than a couple of years ago which is why places like learn direct teamup weith JCP to offer their services and you can be referred via the JCP for specific areas of training, we work very closely with learn direct and a couple of local colleges who provide varying courses that are funded from somewhere (not sure where sfrom sorry), but there are some vourses available usually very basic but can still be useful.

Sounds good to me I will go in and ask I want a course and Iknow learn direct and JCP do hold courses as well as some colleagues.

What have you been showing your advisor at your fortnightly signing on appointments? So long as you can justify (with proof) what you are doing to seek work then they should be happy with it.

In regards to courses, ask them what they have available - I was sent on a 2 week basic computer course which focused on items such as PowerPoint, Excel and word processing - they even did CV writing with us. They often have access to numeracy and literacy courses and things like customer service skills, employability skills and similar things.

If you don't ask them then they can't know you want to improve your employability and attractiveness to potential employers.

Feebee_71

That’s what I asked them but I have to wait till now to beable to go on a course, so yeah for sure I will ask and make inquiries aboutthese courses.

On my book well it’s been 50/50 I’ve done more online jobhunting than anything else.

Also I do need my C.V checked for me so that’s something I willask them.

Many thank

You must must must complete the "looking for work book" if not, I've been told they can stop your benefits. You can write that you have looked in your local paper, searched particular websites etc., but you must complete it. Also the Job Centre seem to be useless at helping people with courses as I have been asking them about free courses for months, to no avail. Not sure what sort of courses you are interested in but I just enrolled today with Learn Direct to do a free computer course - so try your local branch, it's definitely available and best of all free. Try to keep your spirits up and good luck.

I have always completed the book but to be honest it’s allmade up really.

I will push them hard for courses as it’s what I want to do.

I like admin work, I.T and even plumbing, heating, renewalenergy courses.

So let’s see what they can offer me, I will look into thenearest Learn direct courses.

Well better make something up to put down now lol.

They last week told me they are with everyone going tofollow up what we write down on the book, you hared the same thing??

Personally haven't been told that they are going to follow up every job enquiry or lead listed on the booklet but I do print off any email acknowledgement of applications along with any rejections received.

The most recent advisor said I didn't need to be so detailed on my 'looking for work' booklet but I'd rather put too much information on there than be sanctioned for not fulfilling my agreement.

Feebee_71