• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Skinch77 Vs HSBC

skinch77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Sent preliminary letter yesterday to HSBC Canada House London recorded delivery with claim for £1755.00 after spending ages reading the FAQ's then checking and double checking to make sure I was doing it right. Have checked the letter was delivered today so will just count down the 14 days until LBA....Am a little nervous about the whole thing and I know I will be VERY nervous if it has to go all the way to court but am very determined to claim what is mine back....

Thanks

Hi and welcome,

well you've done the right thing by reading up, it helps with the nerves beleive me!

Keep us posted of your progress.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Well HSBC received my preliminary letter on the 4th October and I heard nothing...not a peep...waited for the postman today but still nothing so as the 14 days are up I have now sent my LBA to HSBC. Will be reading up tonight on the Court stuff in case it goes all the way...will keep you updated.:)

Good luck! And let us know how you get on - I'm due to send my LBA next Monday (Claiming for £1,740) so I'm not far behind you!

HSBC Prelim letter sent - 04.10.2006 - £1,740

HSBC LBA Sent - 23.10.2006

HSBC MCOL submitted - 08.11.2006

HSBC Breakdown sent to DG - 10.12.2006

A&L Credit Card S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent - 23.10.2006

A&L Credit Card Prelim letter sent - 10.12.2006 - £1,697.90

Good luck mate. Sent off my LBA today, to both the canada square address, and the lower street address, just in case. ;)

Mike

HSBC Prelim letter sent 3/10/06 1st class recorded, a BIT scared!

HSBC LBA letter sent 18/10/06 1st class recorded. Bit more scared now!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Not heard a thing from HSBC and the 14 days from them receiving the LBA were up yesterday. Onto the next stage....court claim...eek...

Small problem in the fact that I would ideally like to have filed the MCOL online asap but because I am exempt from court fees (which is good in a way) I must fill in the exemption form and file manually at my local county court. I have a day off from work on Thursday of this week for a hospital appointment so I can do it then..hopefully this will not matter, just means I get the money a bit later than if filed online.

Am I correct in thinking that I fill out the forms using the templates provided here and then print off the relevant amount of copies (2 for the court, 3 if I want one returned with a seal) and include the schedule of charges with 8% interest and then present all this at the court when I go to file the claim on Thursday? I was a little confused and just thought that I may need to go to the court and get the paperwork from them and fill it all in at home and then go back to the court with it at a later date....

I think the fact I have to go the court itself is getting me a little scared and confused...

Any help much appreciated..

hi skinch, you've got it right - print off enough copies in advance (remembering that you can't save them) and present them at the court with attachments.

Thanks for the reply BUT have just had a call from my wife advising me that the HSBC have sent me a very official letter ...told her to open it and they have offered me £1491.00 whilst not accepting liability and quoting the fact that the charges are not illegal and if it went to court they would fight them and think they would win etc...(sorry not got the exact wording). Sounds like the usual fob off letter. Now do I still go to court....I say YES....wife is not so sure...I do want the full amount with 8% interest as this is my money but the carrot dangled by HSBC is very temptimg this time of year.....

yep standard fob off. tempting and up to you but they've not offered to give it all back plus you would now get 8% on top if you start the court claim. there is a template letter to respond, which says thanks but no thanks, unless you want to pay it as part settlement, but I think you will find they'll withdraw this offer and then the solicitors pick up the full claim.

Cheers bong,

As the letter from HSBC arrived after expiry of the LBA then I understand I don't need to send a letter saying thanks but no thanks and can just continue with the claim as they have effectively denied my claim and I would only be extending the timescales...obviously the claim will be for full amount plus 8% which will be £1755.00 + £140.40 = £1895.40 (please let me know if I have got this wrong)....comparing this to the £1491.00 they have just offered me my mind is pretty much made up and I am just going to continue with the court claim as normal... an extra £404.40 is there with my name on it...

Thanks again...

is it strange that ive heard NOTHING at all from HSBC? some people do, some people dont. :S

I wa thinking the same thing as you boXXer... Until today I had heard nothing from HSBC...no response to Prelim letter and no response to LBA so was just about to start MCOL when got a response...methinks they are a touch busy at the moment with all the claims :)

OK so worked out that I was not exempt from court fees (I earned more than I realised last year according to my P60 :) ) have managed to get money together and have filed MCOL today...do not think it will be processed until Monday but I wouldn't have got any peace and quiet over the weekend to do it so today was best...just a case of sitting and waiting now....my hands were actually shaking when typing out the MCOL ...all done now though...

Hello mate. I filed my MCOL last night, so we are at the same stage! let me know how it goes. GOOD LUCK!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well HSBC acknowledged very shortly after I filed my MCOL....and on Friday I received a letter from DG solicitors requesting a breakdown of charges. I was getting worried as I thought an AQ may arrive first...Anyway I am sending my breakdown of charges by fax tomorrow with a covering letter and also by Royal Mail recorded delivery...is this necessary or will the fax copy followed by a call to the contact mentioned on the letter from DG to make sure they have got it be enough? Also am I correct in thinking that the breakdown of charges I send to DG must include the 8% interest as HSBC have never received this set of charges as it could not be added to the MCOL and I have not received an AQ yet?

Cheers for any help.

Have received AQ today from court but have also spoken to DG solicitors who said there is an offer in the post and I should receive that tomorrow. Am putting off sending back AQ hoping that the offer is for full amount when it arrives. Postman never gets to mine until 10.30am and am thinking of going out early to look for him....:)

babs had an offer today and it was a full offer - hopefully your will be one too, but if it is a partial offer - just remember you are only one letter and one week from a full offer, i think you are practically there! good luck for a full offer manana.

as my thread mate, good luck as im in pretty much the same area as you are. :)