weirgo

WEIRGO Vs B.O.S(cum)

I am finally ready to begin claiming my charges back from the bank. I have filled out my request for my statements but I am not sure as to who to send it too.

Would I send it to my local branch??

Or to the B.O.S. head office??

Can anyone advise?

i`d send to the local branch, then correspond with the addy you`ll get when you get your statements, but head office is just as good, its entirely upto you.

That's my DPA SAR sent off by recorded delivery to my local branch. How long does it usually take for the statements to arrive?? Has anyone recently posted off there SAR form??

Hi Weirgo,

They have up to 40 days to respond. I sent my letter to them on the 14th of August and the info was there for me when I returned from holiday on the 20th September. So it arrived sometime before then.

However..................only 2 yrs worth of statements had been provided, not the 5yrs worth that I had asked for. I followed this up with a letter, to which I've had no reply. I have also telephoned phonebank. The guy said to me that they should arrive within 5 working days.....so sometime this week.

Seems that this has happened to a few people with BOS......incomplete info arriving. Stalling us perhaps??

But keep at em......stick to the guidelines and timetable.

Good luck, I'll be watching your progress with interest!!

After sending my S.A.R. form to my local branch I recieved this letter yesterday.

Dear Weirgo,

Whilst I acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the Data Protection Act for a list of all transactions and charges relating to your banking history. There is normally a £10 charge for a formal request; however in the interest of customer services this will be provided free of charge.

I understand that you would like to recieve information about specific transactions, where manual intervention was required. Please understand that we are under no statutory obligation to record the information you require, thus we are unable to comply with your request.

You have requested a copy of duplicate statements for the last 6 years. There is a charge of £5 for duplicate statements however, in the interest of customer service; I have ordered the statements for you for no fee, and should be with you in due course.

Has anyone else recieved a letter like this one. I had enclosed a cheque for £10 but they sent it back to me....not like them eh!!

Would like to know what you think...

If I had to take them to court (big IF) how would it be percieved about the manual intervention with regards to charges as they are not stating that they did or didn't intervene??

I received a letter stating likewise. I would imagine that makes our case stronger as they are not able to prove manual intervention so therefore cannot justify the need for such high 'maintenance costs' on our accounts.

Although this is just my opinion

yes this is a fairly standard response from BOS (although they cashed my cheque-claimed it back tho;) ). Don't worry you WILL get your money and don't accept anything less than the full amount-plus 8% interest if it gets to the moneyclaim stage.

Thanks folks that clears that up.

Can't wait until my statements arrive to see what they have charged me over the years.

Keep up the good work

Thanks folks that clears that up.

Can't wait until my statements arrive to see what they have charged me over the years.

Keep up the good work

Hi wiergo!

If you can remember, we sent our SAR letters off on the same day, so far I've not received anything from BoS.

How impatient can I be, they have 40 days I guess.

I'll keep you posted.

MelanieGB

i requested my statements form B.O.S. on the 14th August. They cashed my cheque on the 22nd August. I phoned them on the 18th September for an update on my request and they had no record of it. Despite cashing the cheque.I was informed it would be dealt with. I decided to post a reminder letter that day - 18th Sept. Within 2 days the Statements started arriving in. I got 28 envelopes of statments and 2 huge packages of statements going way back to 1998. Despite only requesting the last 5 years. They were a wee bit slow in responding but I must say I was impressed to receive them all in the week commencing 25th September. It does pay to give a reminder call / letter to them. R. Delivery of course

i requested my statements form B.O.S. on the 14th August. They cashed my cheque on the 22nd August. I phoned them on the 18th September for an update on my request and they had no record of it. Despite cashing the cheque.I was informed it would be dealt with. I decided to post a reminder letter that day - 18th Sept. Within 2 days the Statements started arriving in. I got 28 envelopes of statments and 2 huge packages of statements going way back to 1998. Despite only requesting the last 5 years. They were a wee bit slow in responding but I must say I was impressed to receive them all in the week commencing 25th September. It does pay to give a reminder call / letter to them. R. Delivery of course

Thanks mar10funster, I will give them another week or so and then do a reminder letter.

Recieved one batch of statements so far and then a letter from HBOS stating that they had recieved my request (from my local branch) and will be sending out my statements in the coming days. They also debited my account £5 for the service after saying they would provide them for free ( nothing in life is for free eh!!).

Not had time to have a good look over the statements, but at a glance something don't seem right. All the charges seem to be for £20....whereas I am certain that all my charges have been for £30. Going to dig out some original statements and see whats what.

Recieved one batch of statements so far and then a letter from HBOS stating that they had recieved my request (from my local branch) and will be sending out my statements in the coming days. They also debited my account £5 for the service after saying they would provide them for free ( nothing in life is for free eh!!).

Not had time to have a good look over the statements, but at a glance something don't seem right. All the charges seem to be for £20....whereas I am certain that all my charges have been for £30. Going to dig out some original statements and see whats what.

Hi,

It seems you are having more luck than me. I've not heard anything yet, I have sent them a reminder letter today.

Melanie

Arrived home yesterday to find the past three years statements waiting for me. Added up all the charges and it came to just under £1500.

Has/when anybody has claimed in the LBA in Scotland, do you go for the full figure and when they don't play ball cut it down to £750 so you can pursue it through the small claims court.

Or do you have to start with £750 and pursue that and then start again???

Firstly, you need another 2 years statements (you can claim for 5 years). Then issue requests for repayment for the whole lot and only if they dont settle, then cut down to £750 (or £1500 under summary cause). At worst, you may have to file 3 or 4 claims, but they might settle in full before that. You never know?!

j

• Confused 1

Mine was a strange one, i sent away the SAR, and they replied to me a week before the deadline was up offering me £236 as a "goodwill gesture"

:lol:

I guess they're all different, but i was a bit taken aback what ONE letter could get me.

Although i'm holding out for the statements to see how much i'm ACTUALLY owed.;)

Guest willowb
Mine was a strange one, i sent away the S.A.R -

Although i'm holding out for the statements to see how much i'm ACTUALLY owed.;)

LOL if they're making offers now...it must be quite a bit more!!!;):rolleyes:

Wxx

When I sent off my S.A.R. form I stated that I wanted all statements from when my account opened, no date entered.

In the return letter, they replied 'your request for the past six years statements has been passed on blah blah'

The point is my account with them has only been open for 5 years!!

Think they might be trying to catch people out making them claim for 6 years instead of the 5 years?????

Please fill in your quit date here