style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

last month i finished paying off safeloans, they took out an arrestment. damn thing cost me 368 when it was a 100loan. the loan was taken in 2010. the letter they sent me told me off this court case but i could stop this by getting in touch. several letter and phone calls, no joy as not one reply or answer to the phone calls. now the initial letter (and only) letter stated the case was against a Mr Kelly B******* which isnt me im Mr A B********. The case went to some 2bob debt collecting agency which sent me a letter about the arrestment, this letter had the wrong date of birth on it. Is there anything i can do or is it too late as ive paid them.

Odd how what few letters i recieved always gave me a final date which was 24hrs away from when i recieved it.

last month i finished paying off safeloans, they took out an arrestment. damn thing cost me 368 when it was a 100loan. the loan was taken in 2010. the letter they sent me told me off this court case but i could stop this by getting in touch. several letter and phone calls, no joy as not one reply or answer to the phone calls. now the initial letter (and only) letter stated the case was against a Mr Kelly B******* which isnt me im Mr A B********. The case went to some 2bob debt collecting agency which sent me a letter about the arrestment, this letter had the wrong date of birth on it. Is there anything i can do or is it too late as ive paid them.

Odd how what few letters i recieved always gave me a final date which was 24hrs away from when i recieved it.

I think this is best asked in the sites legal forums. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?170-Legal-Issues

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

We really need the full story of this, and you need to inform the court on Monday morning that this is incorrect and you need it to be set aside at least.

I would also inform Croydon Trading Standards that this company went to court and are chasing the wrong person for payment of the 'arrestment'.

recently last month i had finished paying off an earnings arrestment to Safeloans. payment was 368 for a 100 loan taken out in 2010. now i recieved a letter from them telling me of there intentions, this letter stated that it was safeloans v Mr Kelly B... now im not that person im Mr A...B....

the response date on this letter for me to reply by was less than 24hrs from when i recieved the letter. i wrote several letters and tried phoning countless times with no luck. It seems they were not interested in opening line of communication. The matter went further and to a company called sterling park, i did recieve a letter but it was from edinburgh sheriff court, this letter had the wrong DOB and surname on it. Now i have been told that sterling park should have informed me of this matter, i recieved no communications from them. Without any further knowledge my earnings were being arrested. Is this right, can i do anything about this or is it too late as the payment has been made.

i have found safeloans and sterling park to be very unprofessional.

any help would be great, Thanks. Andrew.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?170-Legal-Issues

Make a post there. Much more informed people on legal matters would be able to help you there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They may have obtained this money under false pretense and abuse of the county court system. Why are you posting here then if you are not going to do anything about it?

Thread moved to Dealing with debt in Scotland Forum.

Was this debt yours and the amount you paid correct ?

The 2bob debt collectors you mention are Sheriff Officers and Messenger at Arms.

Edited by maroondevo52

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have we helped you ...?

• Tweets

• Received a demand notice for council tax today, demanding some payment by Monday!!! or I will lose my right to pay in installments etc...   I am dealing with arrears and was awaiting a bill from the council regarding this years council tax so I could renogotiate with the debt collectors.   But I didn't receive anything!   So I managed to speak to someone today by phone and email and they are both say they wont accept my offer of a 12 month payment structure UNLESS I SET UP A Direct Debit.   I'm (probably) going to set that up next week and (probably) going to pay them an installment this weekend, however I would like to know what rights I have with regards to this; if there are any possible laws I could pull out of somewhere that I could potentially use to write off my debt to the council for this year on grounds of something?   I have told them by email they are in no position to demand anything from me at this point, because I never received any letter asking for payment in the first instance (which I would assume legally negates any power they can exercise through the current final demand letter they just sent me). I told them either accept my offer (pending any further arrangment for payment) or I will assume that I owe them nothing for this year.   I can't prove I didn'r receive the letter though, but I honestly didn't. They can't prove I did receive it either.   So my question is (pending any further payments and negotiations) is there a nice little legal loophole I can use to get out of paying council tax for this year on the above grounds?   I guess not (probably) but worth a punt anyway.              
    • ok sorry I missed a bit so where are you at now. you've got the warrant stayed?
    • thanks for your help guys, not going to lie this is really stressing me out
    • uploads removed 1st page has your name
    • Thankyou Captain Obvious, I am well aware of this. However, unless I have the money to pay the charges in the first place then I'm not really in a position to claim anything back. Perhaps it's better if I challenge the system on all the above grounds I have highlighted instead. I am still waiting a response from the dental practise or the NHS about my advice to them to claim the costs back from the practise for substandard treatment.
  • Our picks

• This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies