Contractual Interest.How to avoid it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Anyone have the latest information on contractual interest .Are creditors getting away with charging it.If creditors refuse to freeze all interest and charges as part of negotiated instalment offer, what is best approach- is it to seek a time order-do most orders freeze interest in the agreement/or automatically freeze interest.Is there any difficulty being granted time order and having the interest frozen.

Thanking you in advance

most DMP's like cccs & payplan can get int/charges stopped

but so could you - ASK.

i offer you £xx PCM as a goodwill gesture for xx mts

if you will reciprocate & freeze int & charges.

if not i will only pay £1 till i die

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you're in Financial Difficulty, you should start off by asking the bank to stop adding interest and charges.

See this Article which refers to the relevant sections of The Lending Code which banks must adhere to - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks alot for the advice guys, very useful.The hardship letter,Slick, will hopefully give them something to think about.Much appreciated Sometimes it just shocks me how banks exploit interest-keeping people stuck in debt,compounding away-almost oppressive.