Ive Called The Bailiffs Into Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:!: Hi all

Have gone through all the stages trying to get my bank charges back....on the 29th September a warrant was issued and therefore is being dealt with by the local court.

Does anyone know how long this process takes before I will see my money...or what they will do?

I phoned the bank last week and told them how far i had gone...where a very nice lady assured me she would get the legal department to look in to it urgently on monday.......after i told her how embarassing it will be when the bailiffs go in to the local branch Halifax.

Any advice gratefully received......Bankfodder...any help?

This has just happened with myself and the Woolwich:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/woolwich/6612-closey-woolwich.html

The Baliff will visit the branch. They will either pay up there and then, or, accept what the bank is saying when they say we are dealing with it (which is what happened in my case).

The Baliff in my case was pretty unfriendly and not very proactive, so it took a while until I found out I was receiving the money (I found out today!). However you can pay to have your warrent "TRANSFERED UP" to make it a high court writ (costs £150 that is added to the warrant), then appoint a high court enforcement officer.

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Closey......so do you think it is pretty pointless? Did you contact your bailiff....and if so after how long after you had issued the warrant.

Congratulations on getting your money back.......how long did this take from issuing the warrant to getting money back?

Sorry to bombard you with questions....but you are the only one i know of that is at the exactly same point as me.

Cant believe after receiving a warrant the banks still arent shifting their a***s

Any advice from you is great thanks

I contacted the court a couple of days after the warrent was issued and they gave me the name and number of the baliff so that I could communicate with him directly.

I filed the warrent on 30/08/06 and found out today that my money should be with me any day...so it's taken over a month....the money still isn't in my hands.

I would call the court and get the baliffs details. He/She will be able to tell you when they are paying the bank a visit, and you will be able to call the baliff the next day to find out what has happened.

Either they will have your money - job done, or, they won't and they will be willing to wait for the bank to pay. If it's the latter then it's up to you really. You can either sit tight and wait, or you can pay to 'transfer up', which will speed things along.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.