Stop Press - Premier Parking Services - Devon - Access to DVLA data WITHDRAWN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently contacted by a 75 year old pensioner who dropped his wife off at the rear of Superdrug in Tiverton, Devon, a few days later he was shocked to receive, through the post, a PCN for £150.

The allegation is he was there for 7 minutes, he tells me he dropped her off and left, possibly a minute to two minutes max. That's by the by at the moment.

To cut a longish story short, the signs used by Premier Parking Services at this location contain three matters of concern

1) The fact that they clamp and tow Blue Badge holders

2) They refer to 'parking offences'

3) They use the word 'FINE'

Following a complaint to the DVLA I have today been informed that the DVLA has blocked access to registered keeper data until these allegations are investigated by the BPA and further consideration.

Excellent news :thumb:

1) The fact that they clamp and tow Blue Badge holders

2) They refer to 'parking offences'

3) They use the word 'FINE'

Following a complaint to the DVLA I have today been informed that the DVLA has blocked access to registered keeper data until these allegations are investigated by the BPA and further consideration.

Presumably as soon as they have addressed the points above, the DVLA will be happy to do business with them again !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I don't think so.........the DVLA were 'ambushed' by OPC and although they admitted as much at first, their 'PR' department have since played it down.

The other difference was that OPC had EDI access (which means access without DVLA control mechanisms)

Premier Parking Services only (apparently) submit paper requests so they can't fly under the radar in the way OPC did.

That aside, I've since asked the DVLA to confirm that Premier Parking Services have been prohibited from issuing tickets, clamping and/or towing from locations where the signs are illegal (don't forget, clamping and towing don't need rk access)

• 2 weeks later...

If you get a chance and have a few minutes, this story will be covered today as follows:

Radio Devon this morning (Edit - just been told that Radio Devon WONT be covering the story now) and on BBC Devon Spotlight News at 1330 and 1830 (SKY 987)

(In the meantime and in response to my letter to PPS on behalf of the victim PPS have replied saying that they have cancelled the charge and are refusing to enter into any further correspondence.

They won't get off the hook that easily, that's like a shoplifter who's been caught - then offering to hand the goods back and hoping to walk away scott free - not a chance PPS, I've got my teeth into you now).

Edited by Nev Met
Update

Another case on BBC Radio/Devon this morning

G24 location Plymouth, chap with a heart problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-18286627

Yes, that's the story that 'bounced' mine....I'm just about to email Toys R Us customer services and ask them how this sort of behaviour dovetails in with their corporate image.

I thought private clamping had been made illegal a while back, so those signs are even more wrong.

Not until October when the Protection of Freedoms Act kicks in

UPDATE - BBC Devon will now be covering the Premier Parking Services story on Wednesday 6th June (fingers crossed)

Edited by Nev Met

I wonder what action the BPA has taken over its member's wrongdoing? No breath to be held, obviously....

How can you take action over yourself? most of bpa is the parking companies, they certainly aren't independent.

The BPA have started trying to be more transparent regarding enforcement of the CoP here:-

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/AOS-Sanctions

As the names of the offender companies are not listed nor any verifiable detail on the contraventions recorded it fails utterly as a credible response to the sheer volume of complaints.

How can you take action over yourself? most of bpa is the parking companies, they certainly aren't independent.

Some of us over on another forum have been trying to get this fact drummed into the heads of the people who run the charity "Disabled Motoring UK" (formally Mobilise) who have swallowed the BPA propaganda hook line and sinker . This charity believes that the BPA is some sort of official agency and is completely independent of the private parking" industry". Because of this they think that private parking tickets are enforceable and should be paid. As a final note, DMUK called the people who post on these forums "parking terrorists" ( whatever that means)

LOL -

people who post on these forums "parking terrorists" ( whatever that means)

It means you go around to their offices with your sleeves rolled up and cut tops of all the flowers in the window boxes. :)

ah ive been doing it wrong then - i put clamps on their daffs

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links but I'll give it a go............

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/legal--motoring-advice/2012-05/premier-parking-suspended-from-accessing-dvla-data/

I wonder why it is ok to post a link to the Honest John site but when it is suggested to CAG members that they might get more info and/or help at MSE or P e p i p o o "The Management" at CAG say that is touting?