style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try not to be afraid, As wintry says, if there is a problem with your forms they can be recitified, even if if you totally messed them up (which is unlikely if you have had help) all that will happen is you will go away, sort them out and come back another day, you bankruptcy wont be turned down.

You wont actually see or speak to the OR, There is only 1 per office and they are the figureheads, Who you actually speak to is an examiner who is a civil servent tasked with dealing with your case. I should know as i used to be one. They wont give you a rolocking, they simply dont do that and it would be against their codeof conduct even if you were the most irresponsible person they had ever seen, which believe me you wont be (i assume you have not been defrauding old ladies of their life savings or squirraling money away to offshore accounts in tax havens). If you get a nice one they will be happy and a pleasure to speak to. if you get less nice one they will simply be professional and direct, they wont be nasty. They will be thorough though so just tell them everything you know and dont be afraid to say that you dont know if you dont.

Thanks. I'm just finalising the forms now, I'd waited till now as I wanted exact balances to go to court with but am having trouble as my Co-op Cashminder account balance online is showing todays date but balance as at several days ago and I have made several transactions since then. So I adding up receipts etc to deduct from the balance it shows online, if I have forgotten a transaction or lost a receipt so am guessing the amount and I think I am ok in swearing an affi watsit as I am doing my very best to say to the best of my knowledge this is the amounts. I'm stressed, but doing my best. I then need to photo copy the whole thing so I have a copy. Maybe twice as some courts need a 2nd copy themselves and I want one, I never managed to phone the court to ask what my court wants. I am not good with phones. It's going to be a late night I think. This time tomorrow the first bit will be over.

Day one has started then. I came away from court after 2 hours, not actually feeling any better emotionally, drained and exhausted after all the anxiety really. I was doing the forms and photocopying until 2.30am then showered and lay awake for hours so am very tired which isn't helping. They only wanted the one copy anyway but better to be safe than sorry I guess. The lady Judge was really nice, I got the impression she thought I was doing the right thing and despite her job title, didn't judge.

Think I might have a glass of wine this evening and an early night!

I've got a few! How long will it be before my creditors and bank are told about the BR? I take it I mustn't use my 'old' bank account now?

I initially thought I would be taken into a small room at the court and would speak briefly with someone from the Insolvency service just to ascertain if I have enough to live on amongst other things while the accounts are frozen. That didn't happen and I was just told the IS would be in contact shortly. The thing is I don't handle phones and am almost phone phobic. My dd (who has disabilities) is about the only person I will answer it to. I'd really worried about the phone call with the IS but had been told I would be given a date and time they would call me to go through the details together for the main interview later and I decided that in knowing the date and time I would be able to handle answering the phone ok. Now today's brief initial call didn't happen I assume they will call out of the blue at an unknown time or day soon and I won't know who is calling and when. As I never answer my phone or speak on it I never check my answerphone as it would take all my PAYG credit and I don't call people back anyway so my anserphone is unchecked and chocka. I'm not really sure where to go from here now on this one. If the phone rings more than once in a short while and I don't know who it is I completely panic and can be sick. I'm stewing about how to manage this now. As no one knows I am BR I can't ask anyone else to call them on my behalf either. I am registered disabled due to mental health issues and other agencies know I don't do phones and email me but I need to work out how to manage this issue for now. Any suggestions appreciated!

I have discovered some answers to my own questions by trawling the web. Apparently it takes up to 2 weeks for the info to get to banks and creditors so accounts will stay live until then. It can even be up to 2 weeks before you even have an initial chat on the phone with the insolvency service. They aim to get the paperwork out to every creditor within 8 weeks outlining your debts and assets and then the creditors have time to respond/jumpupanddown/scream/complain and say whether or not they think you gained the debt fraudulently or whether they feel they have a claim on any assets they see on paper. It's if they all respond and lie down quietly in the following 6-8 weeks that will decide whether or not the OR will end the bankruptcy early. So I now have a time span in my mind anyway. I'd just assumed banks would know sooner so everything would freeze almost immediately. Still not sure if my cashminder account will be frozen at all, will ask the IS that when they do phone.

I dont know what your situation with phones actually is but if it is a real problem then you could ask your DD to phone them first and ask for them to do a face to face interview at the office if that would be better,

Ps it is fine to carry on using the cashminder account until you speak to the OR

Hi

Just following from debtinfo

Have you asked the CAB, some of them let you use their office interview rooms & telephone number and may have an adviser to sit in with you during the O/R call / interview, the O/R offices usually do not have a problem with this as it can often make the interview go smoother both ways.

Also some CABs may have advisers who might come to your home and sit in on the O/R interview depending on resources and workload.

I'm pretty sure I will be ok as long as I am informed in advance of the date and time they will call me, its calls out of the blue and unexpected that might be a problem. If it does take up to two weeks for them to call me then I guess that is enough time for them to send me a letter or email telling me when it will be. I'm a bit calmer today, good days and bad says but I'm sure I will get through this.

I'm pretty sure I will be ok as long as I am informed in advance of the date and time they will call me, its calls out of the blue and unexpected that might be a problem. If it does take up to two weeks for them to call me then I guess that is enough time for them to send me a letter or email telling me when it will be. I'm a bit calmer today, good days and bad says but I'm sure I will get through this.

Hi

For the actual interview they will give you a time and date (or should do) and usually ring you dead on the time given.

Have copies of your B/R forms with you at the time of the interview and maybe a pen and paper.

They called this morning. My mind went to complete fuzz though, I had a question I was going to ask but it went and I still can't think what it was but we now have an interview date and time for the end of June, by phone and meanwhile I am being sent some forms which I need to complete and return before that date. He said it is up to the banks as to whether they allow you to keep the accounts or whether they freeze them or not so he can't say whether or not my cashminder account will be frozen at any stage. So, another month till the next step then.

Hi

The forms they will be sending out are nothing to worry about, not much to fill in.

Shout up if you need help

The month will pass, might help actually, debtinfo will probably smile at this sentence:)

PS - You are doing fine

When I filled in my forms I listed one credit card only in the list of cards I hold and not as having a balance that is owed. That's because I thought it was clear and had a zero balance. I haven't had the latest statement but am worried that I might have used the card for something and forgotten that and so it does actually have a balance. If it does indeed have a balance because it wasn't included in the list of debts I owe, will it not be included in the BR and therefore will I still be responsible for it?

When I filled in my forms I listed one credit card only in the list of cards I hold and not as having a balance that is owed. That's because I thought it was clear and had a zero balance. I haven't had the latest statement but am worried that I might have used the card for something and forgotten that and so it does actually have a balance. If it does indeed have a balance because it wasn't included in the list of debts I owe, will it not be included in the BR and therefore will I still be responsible for it?

Hi

It will be included in the B/R

It would be a good idea to tell the O/R Examiner about this card during your interview, save any future confusion etc

Have as much info available as you can, cant do no more really

These things happen, nothing to worry about

Thanks my brain is a bit mush atm so am writing out questions for the interview and that was one of them but posted here so I could stop worrying in the meantime. A month seems a long time for the appointment.

Thanks my brain is a bit mush atm so am writing out questions for the interview and that was one of them but posted here so I could stop worrying in the meantime. A month seems a long time for the appointment.

Hi

You are welcome

Any others just ask away, between us we should be able to help.

It's 2 weeks since I was declared BR, still not received those forms the OR said they were sending me. Is that an unsual delay? My phone appointment isn't until 27th though so another 2 weeks yet. I'm assuming that at some point if they haven't arrived though, I phone the OR office to say so because I was asked to complete the forms and return them in time ready for them to have received them before the phone appointment?

Just give your OR or the Secretary a phone call and a reminder (be polite at all times), have your reference number to hand.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

The forms I have to complete are here. They are basic really, just signing to agreeing to keeping to certain rules and conditions etc. so just what I expected. I have three questions. There is one form to complete which I am to put down the details of a payment protection policy I have had for cards and loans and it says if I have had more than one policy to ask for more forms. I have never had any payment protection on credit cards or my loan, I always turn them down, so do I ignore this form and not return it as it doesn't apply to me?

Also, there is a list of things I must send back. 12 months statements of bank accounts and credit cards. What if some months are missing? My mental health has been terrible and I'm lucky if I can find the kitchen in my house let alone paperwork. Some accounts are no longer open and I'm strapped for cash to pay banks for copies and I have such extreme anxiety I rarely leave the house so going to a bank may well be impossible. Is it ok to provide what I can or is it essential for me to find every single statement?

And, they will apparently discuss each and every purchase and transaction made recently from those accounts, asking for an explanation of each. I'm embarrased! Not that I have splashed out or whatever, but maybe they think I shouldn't have spent that much in Asda or bought my daughter those sandals or whatever. I'm feeling so scrutinised.

Well I've done my best. One of my credit card statements is missing but the following one says previous balance = X and amount paid = X so balance is nil so I am hoping that is ok. My credit card has always been paid in full every month. One bank statement is missing too, no idea what to do about that so hope that is ok too. Otherwise I think it is all done and complete. One thing I was a bit miffed about was when the forms arrived they came in a large envelope with large clearly marked franking stating it was from the Insolvency Service. Nice and private then - not!