style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dial a Rod [problem]

I am posting this far and wide so other people do not get [problem]med by this company. I have had a number of other unhappy customers and suppliers contact me as a result. If you wish to add your weight to the complaint, please contact me at The Property Insurer (I cannot give email address here as I have never posted before) - I will take this as high as I need to go and believe the FSA is the correct organisation to complain to as it takes care of insurance regulation. The below I posted yesterday and despite numerous calls, still no satisfaction - avoid!

AS you will know from reading my regular blogs, I have a rental property that I let out privately. Recently I bought boiler cover from Dial a Rod for the property but I can tell you it is nothing but a complete [problem].

I bought the Gold version at £149.99 that includes a boiler service and gas safety certificate. You see I thought that those alone would cost me £85-£100 so for an extra £49.99 I would be getting boiler insurance cover and that was a good call as I have forked out some money on fixing the boiler over the years.

All was good until the agent asked me to get the gas landlords certificate. I said I would organise through Dial a Rod and duly called on the 13th April. I gave the details of the property and that I wanted the service and gas safety certificate sorted ASAP. They promised to call back.

I called again on the 25th April and was promised a call back.

On 1st May Jonathan promised me he would deal with it personally and call me back the next day. I hope he’s OK because I’ve never heard from him since.

Next I called on 3rd May and spoke with Holly who said she needed me to supply a date and time for the work to be carried out. I called on 4th May after speaking with the tenant and advised noon on 10th May was fine and the date was in the diary and agreed.

On 10th May the tenant advised that after waiting in for three hours no one had arrived for the boiler service. I called the emergency number for Dial a Rod and constantly got a voicemail – so I left a message. I also emailed my disappointment.

On the 11th May I spoke with Kerry who could tell I wasn’t happy. She had me on hold while she contacted the contractor and about 15-seconds later advised that she couldn’t get through and would refund my policy. I was not happy as I just wanted the service I had been sold and paid for but rather than waste more time on this sham firm I accepted.

On 17th May I called again to see why I had not been refunded. Sarah apparently doesn’t get into the office until 1000 so I called at 1004 and was on hold for 19-minutes before giving up and leaving a message. I am not hopeful that I will receive a call back. I am not even hopeful that I will receive my money back.

Terrible service, don’t do what they say and a complete waste of my time and effort. I cannot advise strongly enough that you avoid Dial a Rod. I am considering where and how hard I can complain in order to resolve this matter right now as I think it is very wrong that any firm can treat customers so poorly and I sincerely hope they get closed down.

Jason McClean

The Property Insurer

Hi Jason

Welcome to CAG

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

if you use our searh top right

you will find many others threads regarding these people.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

Yes, I did but I wanted to start a new thread so my complaint doesn't get lost in the others. I will follow this through and welcome any support or shared experiences.

I have given them until this afternoon for a response or I will speak with the FSA. I have previously sent two emails asking for resolution and called 9 times without a single call back.

I will of course advise on outcomes whether from them or through the channels I will use to challenge Dial a Rod.

If I can stop them [causing problems] other people then I'll be happy.

Jason

Dial a Rod, will probably just be the brand name on this Insurance product. It is probably handled by an outsourced 'contact centre' company.

You can complain to the FOS, as this is an Insurance product. But normally you have to complain to the company first and allow them 8 weeks to resolve, before the FOS will get involved. If you want to speed this up, ask the company to either issue the refund, plus compensation now or issue their final response now, so you can immediately proceed to the FOS.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think they offer an underwritten product so they are exempt from FSA regulation (they certainly don't appear on the FSA register) so you may not be able to complain via the FOS unfortunately.