JSA, back to stage 1?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I asked this question on another forum, and got an answer, but just want to make sure its right.

I need a little help on a JSA question.

January i signed off JSA due to me getting a new job at a small local shop, sadly the shop has had to close. Which is very upsetting but there are many with the same situation.

Now the question i have about JSA is this,

if i were to claim JSA again, would i be put back on to stage 1? (Which isnt much help tbh) i only signed on for around 18 weeks last time, so i dont know which ''Stage'' i was on, but i remember having a 8 week interview which was helpful in terms of getting more help for work.

I wasnt in any of the new Work Program stuff or anything like that when i signed off, it was just the basic sign on every 2 weeks.

I was reading differing things, that if you are signed off for 13 weeks then you claim is instantly reset to stage 1? There was something about a 6 month rule also, im confused as to what stage (pref not stage 1) i would be on if i signed back on?

Theres things about linking rules i dont understand on the internet about different time frames from one claim ending to a new one begining.

The way i see it is the later stage, the more assisance you get?

Ta!

You can make a rapid reclaim as long as there are no changes in your circumstances and I believe you will returm to stage 1 of the claim.

You can make a rapid reclaim as long as there are no changes in your circumstances and I believe you will returm to stage 1 of the claim.

What exactly is a rapid reclaim? Id assume its just making the process of signing on quicker?

and thank you for your response btw.

a rapid reclaim for JSA is shorter claim form and interview as long as you have had no changes in your cirucmstances from your original claim and that the new claim is within 26 weeks. You can also do the rapid reclaim application online.