Wescot wrong adress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im looking for advice please. I am in a big mess with my overdraft from Halifax, since they changed the interest on overdraft to a daily fee. The have passed my account onto Wescot, who are now asking me for the money. I had agreed £5 per week with them and they were meant to set up a standing order for this back in Feb of this year. No order was set up, and these 35 have now mounted to £75. Today I had a visit from my mum, with a letter in my married name, to her address, where I have not lived for over 11 years. The letter is :

FINAL NOTICE

Our latest enquiries have now confirmed that you are still resident at this address but we have not received a reply to our previous correspondence.

Unless you contact us to agree repayment of £[details removed] within the next 10 days [now only 4], further collection activity will be taken to recover the full outstanding balance.

Please do not ignore this letter as this could result in either us or our client taking further action to recover the debt, which may include:

1. Legal action against you through the Courts. If legal proceedings are issued and a judgment or Decree is obtained against you, court fees and legal costs could increase the amount you owe.

2. Referring your debt to a Door Step Collection Agency to carry out a Collections Visit at your home.

It is very important that you take IMMEDIATE action to resolve this issue. You can do this by contacting us 7 days a week on 0844 824 1151, writing to us at the above address or making a payment via our website

Yours sincerely,

[original unsigned]

Now what worries me is how the hell did they trace me to an adress where I have not lived for so long, when I still have active accounts with Halifax, so sirely they know my correct details.

So does my mum give them a forwarding address for me, or if theyre so good at making enquiries, just tell them Im not at that address? I have never been on the electrol roll there due to moving out at 17.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, im looking for advice please. I am in a big mess with my overdraft from Halifax, since they changed the interest on overdraft to a daily fee. The have passed my account onto Wescot, who are now asking me for the money. I had agreed £5 per week with them and they were meant to set up a standing order for this back in Feb of this year. No order was set up, and these 35 have now mounted to £75. Today I had a visit from my mum, with a letter in my married name, to her address, where I have not lived for over 11 years. The letter is :

FINAL NOTICE

Our latest enquiries have now confirmed that you are still resident at this address but we have not received a reply to our previous correspondence.

Unless you contact us to agree repayment of £[details removed] within the next 10 days [now only 4], further collection activity will be taken to recover the full outstanding balance.

Please do not ignore this letter as this could result in either us or our client taking further action to recover the debt, which may include:

1. Legal action against you through the Courts. If legal proceedings are issued and a judgment or Decree is obtained against you, court fees and legal costs could increase the amount you owe.

2. Referring your debt to a Door Step Collection Agency to carry out a Collections Visit at your home.

It is very important that you take IMMEDIATE action to resolve this issue. You can do this by contacting us 7 days a week on 0844 824 1151, writing to us at the above address or making a payment via our website

Yours sincerely,

[original unsigned]

Now what worries me is how the hell did they trace me to an adress where I have not lived for so long, when I still have active accounts with Halifax, so sirely they know my correct details.

So does my mum give them a forwarding address for me, or if theyre so good at making enquiries, just tell them Im not at that address? I have never been on the electrol roll there due to moving out at 17.

Thanks in advance.

hi, dont worry yourself about this pathetic threatogram, dcas have many ways of tracing pepole. the key word in the final notice letter is MAY.

NEVER EVER PHONE A DCA. if you must converse with them THEN ONLY IN WRITING

Alternatively, put their puerile letter back in their envelope and put it back in the postbox marked RTS not known at this address.

So you owe shallowfax £75?

AND you are still banking with them?

You need to get a seperate bank account before they offset your account to pay your OD.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Alternatively, put their puerile letter back in their envelope and put it back in the postbox marked RTS not known at this address.

So you owe shallowfax £75?

AND you are still banking with them?

You need to get a seperate bank account before they offset your account to pay your OD.

The Cooperative bank do a basic cashminder account with a debit card.

Halifax are idiots...and you need to transfer everything to a new account.

If you don't have any accounts with Coop ( ie: you don't owe them ) then a basic cashminder account is perfect.

You may need to go into a branch to apply ( do not ask for overdraft )...you get online banking ( it is slow to update so take notes on outgings )...

But it is a good little account and you can get this..even with bad credit.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Stormski

Halifax are idiots...and you need to transfer everything to a new account.

That is the understatement of the week!

BB "Hi, I need to speak to someone about the money I owe you as I am going to be out of work in June and will be very unlikely to ever work again"

H 'Oh OK sir, I'll just get our financial advisor to come speak to you'

H Fin.Adv 'We can give you another 25k to pay off your credit card and a bit of your 25k loan?'

BB "Er......how will I pay that back/"

H Fin.Adv ' Well, do you have friends or family who could help?'

BB " I think I'm in the wrong bank sorry, but thank you for showing me how stupid you are"

How you getting on Mum?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, thanks for the replies. I already have another bank account with natwest, so thats not a problem. I owe the Halifax almost 2,500, but the £5 arangement I made weekly to clear this was with iQor, but they never actually set up the standing order. the debt is now being chased by Wescot, although they have started their search going back to my mums, where I have not lived for 11 years. I only got the overdraft in 2005, 4 years after I left my mums.

Right OK.

So when did you default on the payments?

Have you checked your credit file yet? You need to find out who owns it, does the petty letters sent out by the DCA's refer to 'their client' or do they specifically say they 'own' the debt?

If it has been passed from pillar to post, it sounds like they are simply using you as a cash cow, and your file has been marked with 'mug awaits fleecing'!

Shallowfax are complete imbeciles when it comes to you being in financial difficulties, idiot iQor are a joke, so are wetcloths.

This needs some homework on your behalf, check your credit file see exactly what is on there, work out exactly how much of this 2500 is actually bank charges, then these can be reclaimed.

What exactly have wetcloths said in their crayon letter?

If your Mum gets any more letters for you, tell her to stick them back in the post marked RTS not known at this address.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying, my computer has been broken, but we are up and running now!. When you say charges, do you mean for returned DD or interest also? Can I still claim these back after they have closed my account?

So far to date we have had no further response from them.

Thank you

I mean ANY charges that they have added to the account and the interest they have charged you on these bank charges.

Have you checked your credit file?