• Tweets

• You honestly have a very serious situation here. Is there any chance that this problem might be being caused by somebody that you know? In future you should open all letters and copy them and then return them to the sender but make sure you have a copy. This is very important. I understand that the three of you are being targeted. I am saying "targeted" because it is too much of a coincidence that you are all the subject of the same kind of identity theft/identity fraud committed by different people. This suggests very strongly to me that there is one person who is doing this and the fact that this person is doing this to all three of you also suggests very strongly that it is somebody who is known to you. I would find it difficult to imagine that there could be any other explanation. Have you got a list of the companies that have become involved because of this problem? Please could you post up a list here
    • Yes I am so sorry.  I am using my phone to type and it comes out in a block.  I will see if I can borrow use of a friends computer next time 
    • I'm sorry that you have been upset about it. I think you are very justified feel that way. Before I start answering, can I please point out that this is the second time that you've posted a solid block of text. It's very difficult for people to read and to give you the enthusiastic support that you deserve. In your first post, – which was very long – one of the site team restructured it so that it was legible. We don't really have time to do this kind of thing and so please would you make sure that in future your posts are properly spaced and punctuated and that will encourage people to view your story and to give you the advice that you need.   Also, now that I have restructured your post I see that you have recognised that your posts are not properly spaced because you don't have a computer. You can still use the paragraph return with a phone and it will make it much easier.
    • Sorry I’ve just been a bit upset about it.       It started with my daughter (aged 27) four years ago.  We rang the train company and tried to sort it over the phone.  I know now that was wrong.  My daughter has had at least 6 separate letters relating to different incidents of fare evasion.   One of the incidents was going to court.   My other daughter has had about 8 or more separate incidents. She has a file which I can get this week.   My ex partner has now started to get some (Erica instead of Eric ).   There ha e been some addressed using our surname but with a forename not known.     The one relating to me had gone to court and I have had to ask them to open the case again.   I was advised not to do a statutory declaration as although I didn’t open the letter addressed with a misspelt surname I did suspect what it was and so couldn’t say I didn’t know about it.   At least one other has gone to a court.   So many we have out back in the post as unknown at This address.     There are too many to fight each one altogether for my family they must be over 20, I’m sorry this isn’t very well space I only have the use of the phone   I don’t have a computer
    • The forum software automatically changes other website addresses back to CAG,   Google  'Fight Back Forums' and register there. They are the experts on council pcns.  
  • Our picks

Received folk lift truck training but no pay rise. Any thoughts/advice please?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3122 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Currently I have been employed as a temp worker and have been working for the same company for just over 1.5 years. This situation started about a month ago having an informal chat with the supervisor about needing to be taken on full time and I need to do folk truck training as I like to help out more and need the extra money for commuting into work etc. Currently I am doing 80 miles a day and I really need something extra to help me along. He said ok and that should come with my full time contract I should get a pay rise and I asked him at the same time will agency pay me more in the mean time. He had is doubts as I am originally employed as normal warehouse op which gets a lower rate.

My folk lift training has been and gone and I passed it yay! Anyways still not taken on full time and in the mean time I've asked the agency am I due to have a pay rise now to match everyone else who has been employed as a folk lift driver. They have no problems with that but they need authorisation with the company first as it was in house training. I have no disagreements with that until now as the ball is in the court of the company and now the supervisor informs me is it fair to askfor a pay rise as they have provided the training. I can't see that is fair inmy view because the major reason why I would do this course is to have extra money. It’s the company’s prerogative to train me. They could of waiting until Iwas full time. Also another reason he stated is that they have to pay more to the agency if I do get a rise but don't they pay double at least anyway for not taking me on full time.

I knew this was going to happen and it just seems to me they are just getting my services on the cheap. Also as a folk lift driver there is an added responsibility of not damaging goods. I can be handling goods worth tens of thousands of pounds and shouldn’t my pay reflect this or given equal treatment with my fellow co-workers who work for the same agency?

Are you still employed as a warehouse operative? or are you a fork lift driver? are you a warehouse operative who can do the occasional fork lift job? or are you doing fork lift all the time?

The fork lift training that you have recieved and passed didnt cost you anything and I assume you have a qualification now, so you could go elsewhere as a fork lift driver, i dont think the company is under any obligation to take you on as a direct employee as it is up to them if they wish to keep using agency staff.

Unless you are employed as a fork lift driver I cant see that you would be able to get any extra pay and the employer isnt going to tell the agency that your status has changed as it would cost them more, at the moment you are still a warehouse op who some forkilift work.

Until you are employed directly by the company I cant see this changing. you could of course ask the agency to send you to another job as a fork lift driver and leave your current employer.

I could be wrong but no doubt someone else will have a more technical answer

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Are you still employed as a warehouse operative? or are you a fork lift driver? are you a warehouse operative who can do the occasional fork lift job? or are you doing fork lift all the time?

The fork lift training that you have recieved and passed didnt cost you anything and I assume you have a qualification now, so you could go elsewhere as a fork lift driver, i dont think the company is under any obligation to take you on as a direct employee as it is up to them if they wish to keep using agency staff.

Unless you are employed as a fork lift driver I cant see that you would be able to get any extra pay and the employer isnt going to tell the agency that your status has changed as it would cost them more, at the moment you are still a warehouse op who some forkilift work.

Until you are employed directly by the company I cant see this changing. you could of course ask the agency to send you to another job as a fork lift driver and leave your current employer.

I could be wrong but no doubt someone else will have a more technical answer

I've read your thoughts and it does make some sense. I don't have the qualification now in my hand and I know the company had in the past not release it on request directly with them BUT I had a chat with the trainer while I was being trained and according to him they can't do that. Anyways I can ring the training company up and request the qualification and for a admin free of £20-£30 I can obtain it.

I am still a warehouse op and they wish to have me more or less use a fork lift all the time picking computer equipment within the racking I would not consider it occasional by any means. Looks like I have to wait out until a contract arrives if it ever does.

The only other suggestion I can come up with is that you tell them you are going to leave and then they will have to employ a FLT operative if they have enough work to justify one full time, or suggest that as you are doing a lot of fork lift work but not doing it exclusivley prehaps they could pay you a bit more but not the full FLT rate for now.

sorry I really cant be of much help it is just thoughts, i am sure that there must be legal ways you could force the issue but i get the feeling that you would rather keep on good (ish) terms with your employer at the moment, at least until there is somthing better in the offering.

Its also got to be worth getting a copy of your certificate from the trainer even if it costs £20-30, get it sooner rather than later as things like this are so usful if you are looking for other employment.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.