Beyond Belief!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I received a letter (charge) from a car parking solutions company a week or so ago. I thought it was a joke to be honest. And today, a week or two later, I've received another from the same company. I've never heard from them before, but they're threatening me with court and bailiffs if I don't cough up £197.00 for a parking charge they say the'd issued me in 2008! Yes, you read it correctly...2008.

As I said earlier, I thought it was a joke, but alas no, they are very serious.

I ignored the previous letter but this one is personally signed by their General Manager and the letter is quite intimidating in its language. I have never had a notice from them prior to these two letters, and cannot understand why four years after the offence they have now decided to instigate proceedings (their words not mine).

I could really be doing with out this now, I've got enough on my plate as it is. What advice can you give me about this and/or what action do you recommend I take?

Thanks very much in advance for reading and any help you can afford me. I'm extremely grateful.

BTW, the company in question is called VP Parking Solutions Ltd. Cheers:)

Craig

Edited by cpashto70
Missed company out of text.

they must be getting desperate their speculaive invoices

are quite rightly being ignored as word gets around.

lets have a laugh post the letter up please

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any chance you can scan the letter and post it up for us to see? Follow the instructions below and it should be hassle free :) remove any personal information first.

Dx100 – Instructions on uploading pdfs

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

they must be getting desperate their speculaive invoices

are quite rightly being ignored as word gets around.

lets have a laugh post the letter up please

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

Unfortunately, I can't get my camera to focus on the lettering, and I don't have a scanner.

Anyway, I've hand written the letter out as it is in the main body of the text:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ms. XXXX

Notice Before Legal Proceedings

Regarding Parking Charge Notice XXXXXXXX

Issued at XXXX on 19/01/2008, Vehicle Registration XXX XXXX

According to my records, the above Parking Charge Notice remains unpaid and in breach of the payment terms with VP Parking Solutions.

I am now demanding payment be made no later than 28th May 2012 [Their empahasis] as follows:

PCN XXXXXXX AMOUNT OF DEBT £197.50 [Their capitalisation]

You can send your cheque(s) to my address shown below, quoting your PCN(s) on the back, or telephone 0871 xxx xxxx to pay by credit/debit card or switch card.

Should you choose to ignore my letter, I will assume it is not your intention to honour your obligation and I will instigate formal proceedings, without any further warning.

Should a judgement in Court be made against you in this matter, you will as a result incur Court fees, Legal costs and interest charges in addition to the debt, costs and interest.

This will lead to detrimental information being registered against your name and address with UK credit reference services.

Your sincerely

General Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would a Court or bailiff agency seriously take this company's request to chase money for a alleged debt incurred and not actioned since 2008? I mean, if they could, I or anyone for that matter, could just dream up a similar business and obtain driver registration details from some database, and start charging fictional penalities with no recourse. Surely, a bailff agency or court would give them short shrift, and treat it with the contempt it deserves?

What to do?

there never has bee any bailiff involvement in any speculative invoice issue

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Folks

This VP Car Parking Solutions Ltd, are bloody irritating the s**t out of me now. I've had another two letters from them in two days, basically saying the same stuff: PAY NOW OR ELSE!

I've been reading a few of the threads on this forum and elsewhere and it seems many of these car parking solutions companies have very close associations with oneanother. Do Roxbridge Solicitors/Roxburgh Solicitors/VP Parking Solutions/Total Parking all share the same offices?

If this keeps up I'm considering counter-suing them for harrassment. If these are nothing but invoices -not forgetting, they're also issued without cause - it's got to be unlawful surely; more akin to legalised [causing problems]. I think I might post them a voided cheque in a parcel full of my dog's 'bowel evacuation'.

Thanks for your replies guys and gals.

Stop paying any attention to the crap they send through your door. Just ignor it.

Eventually they will realise they are wasting their money on you and move onto another victim.

Return their poxy letters with a note saying that can they send them on softer, more absorbent paper as you do not like the shiny hard stuff.

Enclose them in an envelope without putting a stamp on it. They will have to pay a fee to receive it, thinking there may be money in it.

Take the P out of them and they will very quickly realise they haven't hooked a mug, and move on.

Return their poxy letters with a note saying that can they send them on softer, more absorbent paper as you do not like the shiny hard stuff.

Enclose them in an envelope without putting a stamp on it. They will have to pay a fee to receive it, thinking there may be money in it.

Take the P out of them and they will very quickly realise they haven't hooked a mug, and move on.

I have to disagree.

Anything more than binning these letters is a waste of time and effort.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I thought the drama with VP Parking Solutions Ltd had been played out, since I've not heard from them for at least a couple of weeks.

However, they're still hanging on like a reluctant piece of arse-fluff.

It seems from latest correspondence received from VP Parking solutions,

that they're well aware of the advice given to their persuees via websites like this,

and they may well know that I personally visit this forum, as the latest letter from their solicitor attests:

Roxburghe Debt Collectors

Client AS Securit-T

"We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may well feel this guidance worth following.

We strongly urge you to seek independent legal advice rather than rely on these opinions,

and we would retrospectively suggest that you refer to the Civil Procedure Rules part 31*, and specifically parts 31.16 and 31.7."

Okay, so firstly, who am I dealing with? Is it VP Parking Solutions or Ass Security? Strange that one.

Secondly, they're obviously aware of their fabulous reputation and bully boy tactics and the power of the FREE internet.

Ten or twenty years ago people being persued for debts they don't owe would feel there is little option available to them and pay up.

Now, though, the worm is turning and heartfelt, sincere, and evidence based advice can be sought and retrieved as easily as a mouse click.

No longer are the days when the bailiff and solictor could lie, bully, and threaten innocent folks in to paying them siginificant amounts of money they rightfully do not owe.

These vermin must realise quickly that advisors on forums such as CAG have experience, knowledge of law, expertise in dealing with cases such as these,

some Cagger are CAB advisors and lawyers.

It really is reaching levels of desperation when a debt collection firm pleads with its victim to ignore solid, freely given advice and support on CAG and other websites.

They obviously know me by now, and I say this to them: persue all you want.

I've taken legal advice as suggested and I've been told to ignore you because at the end of the day it will cost you money to put me in court,

and since VP Solutions have not even made any attempt to obtain the money from the speculative invoice in 2008,

a court is liable to laugh you out of court, meaning VP Solutions will accrue the costs of the failed attempt.

At this point I'd like to also tell them that my own solicitor is advising me on making a counter-claim against them for harrassment, and attempting to extort through deception.

After all it's taken nearly five years for a company to ask a driver to pay an invoice?

They could so easily have got my details from a database and decided to invoice me for something I've never done.

Got to admit these guys are starting to **** me off.

Please discuss!

Edited by cpashto70

those civil rules mean nowt

just a cleaver trick t try and add some form of legality

to their speculative invoives.

pers i'd ignore them.

if you look up the civil clause in our search top right

you'll see how its already been blown out the water several times

dx

and they

First, as regards your comments - please don't tell me you are paying a solicitor to tell you to ignore them, or send you up the garden path with a costly counter-claim. This is just a letter process. IGNORE IT - and that's all the advice you need, for free.

Secondly, their comments. "We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet" This is nonsense. If you read around here you will find first-hand testimony from countless people about their true experiences with these invoices. This is NOT anecdotal information, it is evidence which would be permissible in a court of law. The experiences of others are almost universally along the lines of ignore, and nothing will happen. Not anecdotes - real accounts of real situations.

I have made formal complaints to the OFT CONCERNING Graham White and Roxburghe only last week on matters I do not want to publicise on her, but will update when I get responses from OFT . Roxburghe's credit license hangs by a thread. I want to see it snap

AS Securi-T was dissolved in 2011. VP Parking Solutions appears to have risen from the ashes and is run by the same Director.

Quite how you could be in breach of any terms under VP is beyond me as they didn't exist at the time of the alleged incident! The new company seem to be taking a punt and attempting collection on outstanding invoices which have already been liquidated when AS went under.

I would be inclined to challenge them under the DPA and your rights in respect of your personal data.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

AS Securi-T was dissolved in 2011. VP Parking Solutions appears to have risen from the ashes and is run by the same Director.

Quite how you could be in breach of any terms under VP is beyond me as they didn't exist at the time of the alleged incident! The new company seem to be taking a punt and attempting collection on outstanding invoices which have already been liquidated when AS went under.

I would be inclined to challenge them under the DPA and your rights in respect of your personal data.

Isn't it brilliant what can be found out with a little bit of digging and time. This really made me laugh as it does indicate how desperate this PPC has become. Personally I'm eagerly awaiting the 29th June to see what explanation will be given for his actions by a PPC director in S****horpe County Court.

Rich

I stumbled across a thread on MSE http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3489623 discussing AS Securi-T and VP Solutions. It would seem that AS went into receivership and that nobody other than the liquidator has any rights to anything which might (or might not) be 'owed' to them. Smacks of a means of trying to earn a few extra quid and if you have a read of the thread, it might well be worth passing details of any correspondence to the Official Receiver.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!