Paying the costs of the respondent for a PRE Hearing Review at the Employment tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!!!!!

]I am a disabled single parentm I was made redundant following a restructuring which happened while I was off sick, I put in claims for disability discrimination, sex and race discrimination and Unfair dismissal. I recently attended a CMD (I am self representing) and the judge said that part of the issues I asked the tribunal to deal with were out of time and that I could use it as background information or by a certain date inform the respondent if I still intended to pursue the claims that were deemed out of time.

I Informed the respondent that I wished to pursue these claims as it was a continuous act of discrimination and the restructuring should be dealt with in its entirety as the discrimination occurred throughout that process.

They have now informed me that they are going to ask for a PHR and will ask for their costs to be paid for by me...

I have no money as it is, this has been ongoing for almost a year and the redundancy money is all spent and I am not working as I have clinical depression as well as existing conditions which have been made worst due to the stress.

What are the chances of me being made to pay the respondents costs or is it just a tactic to discourage me from pursuing the claims?

Please I need advice!!!

Hi, welcome to the CAG

I very much doubt this will be granted. The tribunal only award costs in exceptional circumstances, and usually if you case has no chance of succeeding or you continue to fail to meet deadlines.

Its a scare tactic by the respondents solicitor.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

I have the same problem with my case, my issues are out of time, but the tribunal has yet to bring that up, so far my respondents solicitors are being ok, but i am waiting for the scare letters to appear.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

I feel totally overwhelmed by the own the whole thing!

Hello there. Well, I think you've come to the right place then. Several people here are in various stages of ET claims and I'm sure you'll have plenty of advice and encouragement.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 5 months later...

No, but they will do it anyway. Post them here for an opinion if it will make you feel better, but they are just being normal.

Costs will usually only be awarded if your claim is vexatious and time wasting. Also, if you have no money, they can't have it.

They will also regularly send letters telling you that you have no chance of success. Ignore these too!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!