JSA excuses what to do

sugg1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter was living with her boyfriend and they had a joint claim for JSA.

My daughter came off JSA as they wanted her to working 40 hrs a week cutting grass in a cemetery and she did not want to do this job so she came off her JSA.

A month later she started up a new single claim as her and her boyfriend had broken up and she moved back home.

4 weeks since putting in the claim she has still not been paid and everytime she phones them they keep coming out with new excuses like..

1/your address has changed and we need to do new claim

2/your get paid on a certain day (and she does`nt)

3/say oh you never signed on a certain day (when in fact she has)

Like i say she has recieved no money for the last 4 weeks and has been signing on as normal and attending work enterprices fairs and also looking and applying daily for jobs.

what can she do to get this sorted ,she is under the doctor for depression and anxiety and this suitation is not helping her.

yes understand that and they also said it would take 2 weeks and like i say its now 4 weeks.

she has just spoken to them on the phone and they now are saying that her claim is critical my daughter asked what this meant and they said it was because my daughters details where not going into the system as they were having problem with their system and that they are now having to do it all via paperwork and that they would call her back by 2.30 today ,so now just have to wait and see if anyone does phone her back and if they do what excuses will they come out with next.

Average clearance times for new claims are 10 to 14 working days but they can take much longer if further information is required.

Joint claims are not easy to set up and maintain and just as difficult to end and set back to single claims.

You mention that your daughter ended the claim as she didn't want to take a job cutting grass, did they pursue this throyugh DMA and obtain a sanction that you aware of, if a sanction was decided before she ended her part of the joint claim the sanction will remain on her claim until the end of the sanction period. There is a possibility of this and that would result in no payment of JSA for the duration of the sanction, I don't know for certain though sorry.