Court Claim MKDP old HSBC debt***Claim Struck Out***

factor59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - received a Summons today from MKDP and POC claims that is monies due under a bank account

facility but in fact was a First Direct Gold credit card!

Can someone with more experience confirm we're doing right thing in sending CPR 31.14 for documents to claimants

asking for copies of said bank account, original agreement, DN, TN and NoA that they intend to rely on?

We're a little confused as to why they are stating it is a bank account when it was very clearly a credit card.

We have statements from August 2008 (when the account was terminated?) t

hat state it is a 'gold card statement' and looks exactly like a normal credit card one

- with credit limit, etc.

We're assuming that as it was a credit card they cannot take us to court saying it is a bank account?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not play them at their own game and go along with the error...send the the CPR 31.14 current account request.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387483-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-when-Claim-is-being-made-for-a-Current-Account.

Obviously they cant respond and your defence would be truthful........ " It is denied that I have held a current account with First Direct...........

:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, thanks for your prompt reply,

we have looked back and we did, once upon a time, have a current account with the number they are quoting,

but it was not ever overdrawn and was completely separate from the credit card!

They closed the bank account and the credit account when we hit a low point in our finances,

and we have been periodically chased by various debt collectors ever since for the credit card

but now, this has appeared stating it was a bank account!

We like your idea but if we do that,

wont they then just re-issue the summons with the correct details?

Should we still send the CPR as you suggested?

So in reality it could be the CC or the OD or both added together?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Okay send this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.

See what response if any.......If they respond saying that its a current account and therefore no documents required......

They do state " under a bank account facility " so lets see how they interperate that?

Keep your eye on the dates and acknowledge claim on time.

Did you check statements after closing the current account? They may have used it to pay your credit card instalments for a while, creating an overdraft (despite no facility existing). That's what LTSB did to me, subsequently adding hundreds in unplanned o/d charges, not a penny of which I paid, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

well, as we suspected,

we have had no reply to our CPR 31.14 letter,

we think the next step is to put in our defence?

Is that correct?

We had a summons back in May, I think, from Sigma and never heard anything after we submitted the defence,

so wonder if we could use the same defence again?

If anyone could give us a little advice, be grateful. Thank you

I would have thought you may have to amend it slightly every PoC is unique.

Regards

Andy

This claim is for a significant amount £25k + and they are claiming it is a bank account!

We never had an overdraft facility with this account.

We did have acredit card, that was never requested,

but at the time, we were both earning big monies and thought a credit card was useful.

..(us and thousands of others I think)

we lost our jobs and hit a rock bottom, financially, and that's when we stopped paying our cards.

We have sent a CPR31.14 letter as Andy suggested - but no reply since 21st October.

I have read on here about 'embarrassed defences'

- can someone advise if this is the sort of defence we need to compile?

Thank you

Can you put up their particulars Factor (verbatin) less any identifiable data

Here it is in all its glory:

The Claimant claims the sum of £25k+

being monies due from the Defendant(s) to HSBC Bank plc

under a bank account facility regulated by the CCA 1974

and assigned to the claimant on x/x/11. T

he Defendant(s)'s account number was xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx.

It was a term of the bank account that any debit balance would be repayable in full on demand.

The Defendant(s) has failed to make payment as required by the statutory default notice served by HSBC bank plc.

The Claimant claims the sum of £25, xxx and costs.

The Claimant has complied, as far as is necessary, with the Pre-Action Conduct Practice Direction.

As far as we remember and have paperwork for,

this was definitely a credit card,

a gold credit card,

that was just sent to us with a credit limit of £25k.

Neither of us recalls asking for it, or signing anything for it.

It was definitely NOT a bank account, or a bank overdraft facility.

Thank you for your help

Sounds about right ....not many with a O/D of £25k:-o

Date of the summons Factor?

15 October and we sent CPR letter by Special Delivery on 21st.

And we acknowledged on 21st too

Defence is not due until 20th Nov

bank account...CCA ..urm..no!

god they are really dragging the barrel hoping to get away with that PoC.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

May be an idea to get a section 78 request off ASAP Factor if you have not already...they will be in default by the time your defence is due.Include a cover note explaining that their recent claim is misfounded you dont or ever have a current AC or O/D.

When did this "account" start ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When did this "account" start ?

There isn't an account - it was a credit card from way back - definitely - we think it was sent to us in 2000 or 2001? Not really sure because all the original papers are long gone! We only have the last statement sent just before we defaulted.

May be an idea to get a section 78 request off ASAP Factor if you have not already...they will be in default by the time your defence is due.Include a cover note explaining that their recent claim is misfounded you dont or ever have a current AC or O/D.

Okay Andy, will do this tomorrow - is this the one where we need to send a £1 PO? I think we sent one of these off to HSBC for the other court thing that never came to fruition.

I think these MKDP people are chancing their arm?