Barclaycard SAR

anney63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In principle yes but we would need to look at their breakdown to compare things like interest rate, periods where interest may not have been charged etc and whether they have made an allowance for the "missing" years.

They have verbally stated that they have paid back to 1992 and used all the different rates. the main one being 18.9%. I spoke to them on the phone and thats when I requested the breakdown. Just impatient I suppose and a little excited at them upholding . Thanks again I won't bother you again until I get breakdown.:-)

Interesting !!!

BARCLAYS’ HQ was raided by bailiffs — after a customer sued over a £95,000 debt.

Loan insurance ...

Three officials stormed the 32-storey building to demand the cash — warning they would otherwise seize PCs and valuables.

They even considered taking a £1million art collection to auction off — and called a van to the office in London’s Canary Wharf.

But Barclays caved in to the bailiffs, from London-based High Court Collections, and settled by bank transfer. A source revealed yesterday: “They even discussed taking PCs, which worried the bank.

“Someone then showed them a catalogue of art worth £1million.

“When items are auctioned to recover a debt, they sell for far less, so they may have had to take £1million of stuff to cover the £95,000.”

Thursday’s raid came after a court awarded the cash to customer, for allegedly being mis-sold loan insurance.

The bank disputes it and now has a court order freezing the money.Customer said: “It’ll be heard again and they have costly lawyers.” Barclays said: “We’re taking steps to get the funds back.”

If this was an FSA decision how can they go against it ??

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4505064/Bailiffs-in-raid-on-bank-HQ.html#ixzz24fS3MrTh

• 4 weeks later...

Right just back from holiday. Barclays have offered £1274. Interest 1056.96 and 8% 78.40 No dates given even though the PPI started in 1992 and on the phone I was advised that they were paying back to begining. I have written and requeted a more detailsed breakdown so we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was on the phone over an hour today the guy was really nice and tried to help and understood exactly where I was coming from. Apparently no breakdown on its way. They are saying that they are using the data from 2005 onwards an an average gradually decreasing back to 1992 start. these are the figures Total PPI £1274 66 Refund of interest no APR Quoted and couldn't quote it when put to them £1056.96 *% Per annum £78.40 and refund of default charge £12 Total 2422.02,

I have used the overall APR of 17.9% which is less than was in force from 2005 onwards .

I also have figures back to May 2004 which may I add they provided . I have used the last 12 PPI payments for an average for payments going back to 1992 which is the commencement of the card. Please can you advise if the spreadsheet is correct. There just appears to be such a big gap.

Thay are saying that unless I have any further information then FOS it is . I am going to send the transaction sheets they sent for 2004 and my spreadsheet and the figures I have used . Just want to get confirmation it is correct. Thanks Guys

Edited by anney63
Spreadsheet not added

You need to demand in writing that they provide you with the detailed breakdown.

Give them 14 days and if no joy then you get in touch with fos and lodge a complaint that the bank are not treating you fairly by withholding detailed calculations and preventing you from making an informed decision on whether their offer is acceptable.

You will get nowhere trying to deal with this on the phone.

The spreadsheet is a best guess in the absence of all of the data and is not designed to give an absolutely accurate figure.

• 5 weeks later...

Well letter sent to Barclays. Just been advised new response. No Breakdown just figures adjusted to £2500 . Can somebody please check that I have got this right. My letter to Barclays explains. they just cannot advise what interest rate they use. and I have a copy of the original agreement going back to 1992 but only statements from May 2004 so I have used the average of the last year. They do not give any dates etc. So is this ok to forward on to FOS now ???? Don't want to send it on if they are correct.

Hi Anney,

Can you tell us exactly how Barclays responded.

They seem determined NOT to send you calculations of their figures, thereby denying you the opportunity to verify them.

I would therefore now make a formal complaint to the FOS without further delay.

Thay are saying that unless I have any further information then fos it is .

This is from post #32 above. Did they say this was their Final Response ?

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I spoke to them on the phona as I have sent 2 letters and heard nothing I wanted to confirm that they were dealing with it. They stated that a letter was on the way with arevised calculation. Barclays letters take about 10 days to get here. When I asked what the revised calculation was thye said £2500 didn't catch the exact figure. I then asked if the calculations had been included and the interest rate used. The guy on the phone said What your asked is beyond me. I then asked to speak to the people who do the calculations he said they don't take phone calls . so thats it just waiting for the letter now. You get boxes by the conversation I had they have done the same again.

A Refund of PPI payments made to but no from date.

B refund of Interst charged but no rate given

c 8% simple interest

D refund of Default Charges there was 1 £12)

The E the overal total

So although on the phone they stated it was from 1992 that does not look like the case.

The people in there PPI department are all really nice. I also noticed when I phoned that they are now opened to 8pm . When I spoke to them they said thay hadn't had this sort of request before ? How many people are just getting fobbed off ???

Well phond just to get new figures this proves that they don't know what they are doing.

Box A Refund up to 20/10/2012 £1364.30 a difference of £89.64

Box B Interest £1040.25 This is odd the first offer interest was £1056.96 so has gone down !!!!!

Box C *% Simple Interest £ 78.40 is the same

Box D Refund for default Charges £ 28.71 This has increased was £ 12.00

This was for PPI back to 1992. I have statements from 2004 . I do have the CCA from 1992. so I am sure that they are not calculating back that far.

Just had a call from Barclays . They have reopened this again . This is how they stated they work things out. Total PPI and they take the average to get the monthly figure from 1992 to 2004. Which I have worked out would be £12.11 per month so straight away they have a massive error Interest is at 8% I argued that this was simple interest but still insisted . so do not use th APR they just seem in a mess . I have written another letter requesting the breakdown and copied and pasted the paragraph off the FSA website which states that they should send a new restructured spreadsheet and details of calculations lets see what that brings !!!!

Hi Anney,

This is why speaking to banks on the phone is usually a bad idea.

If they fail to provide the breakdown with whatever deadline you've given them, complain to the FOS without further notice.

They really are taking the pee !! :-x

:-D

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

They called me . i don't know why whether they are bothered I don't know but they obviously have not checked the FSA website which clearly states that they should send a statement showing the PPi has been taken off and also thire calculations . So FSA it is me thinks !!!

HI Anney,

Even if they call you, tell them they must put anything they have to say in writing.

Otherwise you have no proof of what is said, or not said !!

FSA ? That should be the FOS I think.

:-D

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we go my letters followed by Barclycards and my 2 spreadsheets

.Its all very odd that they have suddenly found information from 2001-2004 none of which was sent when requested under Data protection.

Also they are use they 4 months from Jan 2001 to April 2004 to calculate old PPIlink3.gif .

I am also concerned with this reducing down what is that.

I would love someone to have a look and tell me what they think.

I did think when I did the first one it was a lot but when I did the average after speaking to Barclayslink3.gif staff it was nearly double and they are offering just over £2500

did you say you have their sheet?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No all they sent was the letter. The first offer had the following figures

A Total of PPI £1274.66

B Refund of interest charged on PPI £1056.96

C 8 Simple interest per annume £78.40

D Refund of default charges & Interest £12.00

E Total Refund payable A +B +C +D = E Total £2422.02

I responded letter 3/10

The next offer was as follows :-

A Total PPI £1364.30

B Refund of interest charged £ 1040.25

C 8% Simple Interest £78.40

D Refund of Default Charges £ 28.71

E Total of A +B +C +D = Total Offer £2511.66

I responded Letter 5/11

They have responed with the latest letter. So they have taken from Jan2001 to April 2001 when there was no ppi and used that to average the PPI back to 1992 which would mean they are saying that no PPI was charged from 1992 to April 2004 How can this be. They have also suddenly found records prior to 2004 and yet I had to fax over 2004 paperwork .They have made the Interest different. Now they have come up with paperwork back to 2001. Need someone to look at this still no list from them. Need some help to compose a response when I receive the extra paperwork . They definately need reporting to the ICO this proves they are not sending all records they have in hand in response to SAR.

Once I have the extra paperwork I will start again and send another letter this also shows that what Barclaycard staff are saying re average of PPI being used is wrong.

Would still like to find something from the FSA to prove them wrong in thier assumptions. I also would like a transaction list as I have requested which they still have not sent. So another long letter will be winging its way to Barclacard once I have the rest of the paperwork.

Edited by anney63

they have in several instances sent the sheets to people

upon how they recontructed the agreement

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That would be intersting DX But no sheets just the letter I'm not one to give up as you know . So will; see what I make of it when the extra paperwork arrives in the meantime I will send a fax on Monday requesting the sheets showing the reconstructed agreement. Really appreciat any help THanks

Could you please have a look at what I intend faxing over tomorrow whilst waiting for thier paperwork to arrive I thought I would at least push them for the list. Barclaycard are so long winded in sending stuff I started this in April.