Interview Under Caution - Please help!

Finleysmum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter inviting me to an interview under caution at my council offices. An officer from the council and the DWP will be interviewing me. Nobody will tell me the reasons for this. The only reason on the letter is 'We have reason to believe that you may have failed to declare your true circumstances'.

The only thing that I can think it could be is the fact that I have had a baby. I am not claiming an extra housing benefit since having the baby as I currently house share. I suffer very greatly with depression and anxiety. I have started receiving child tax credits. Could this be the reason? I informed everyone when I had the baby, he's 11 months now, but may not have told the council as I was not planning to claim any extra benefit from them.

Please help me, I am not coping at all well with this.Thanks

first of all, don't panic!!

I bet it is because you house share and they are suspicious that you are actually 'living together'.

If you have done nothing wrong then there is nothing to be worried about.

Let us know how it goes but please do not panic and take someone with you if you want for moral support.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I have been house sharing for nearly 2 years though. I need somebody at the house because of my illness. I am booked in to see CAB. I'm just really scared about what will happen. I don't understand why they cant tell me what evidence they have or the reason for this.

Could it be because I haven't informed them of the child tax credits?

If it is because I House Share then why would they want to interview me? I have always declared this and only claim for 1 person on the benefit. I don't claim extra for my son.

I am just so incredibly scared. I'm not sleeping and just feel so anxious. I don't know where to turn.

Would agree with lochlisa, nothing to worry about if your circs are as they say. Probably to do with HB from the sound of it and to be honest you do not know what the other house sharers are claiming or the landlord. They might think that you are all "together" in the house rather than seperate entities and just need clarification

It could be about declaring Tax Credits. I would just tell them how you understood it