• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

JSA claim investigated

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3115 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My Son is currently claiming JSA and has been for a number of months now and despite bending over backwards and complying with everything the job centre have demanded attending the courses that have had no relevance to him at all and turning up for random interviews at the drop of a hat , they suddenly called him in for an interview today. When he arrived he discovered they were investigating him for allegedly not applying for a job he had put down on his job sheet and say that the large employer chain have no record of this. Firstly he has a number of rejection letters and interview letters from numerous applications for various jobs throughout his time claiming so all of these can be checked to show his previous record. The job centre have told him that they will let him know their decision shortly. He advised me he felt as if he was being pressured to say he was lying and hadnt actually applied for the job when i know that he did (I am for ever helping him fill out applications so i do know) He has no proof of the application and the job centre are taking the word of the prospective employer who says they have no record on their system. My son is now panicking as he feels like he has done something wrong and cannot prove that he did apply for the job however yet in my eyes the job centre cannot 100% prove he didnt either and with his previous record (which i again repeat is checkable) it appears as if they are wanting to just close his claim and leave him with nothing and accuse him of something that just is not true.

We would really appreciate some help on this matter as it is causing untold worry for him

Firstly was this a job where the details were issued at an adviser meeting where he was "matched" to the vacancy by his adviser?

How was he required to apply for the vacancy? (CV/written application to be posted or email CV etc...)

The process is as follows the vacancy is matched by the adviser and the customer takes the vacancy details away with them. They either apply for the vacancy or they don't.

When the vacancy has been closed on the LMS system the advisers are required to ensure tat any customers who were matched to the vacancy did apply and they will contact the employer to confirm if an application wa received or not. They will only take further action if the employer us adamant that the customer did not apply then the customer will be asked for their reasons or to povide proof that they did apply.

Once the customer has given their reasons/statement the case is referred to the DMA team for a decision.

The decision can either be allowed or a sanction can be iomposed for a petriod of between 2 and 26 weeks.

Hi Flumps thanks for your reply.

Ok the job was nothing to do with the job centre in the first place although they may have advertised it at some point possibly but my son submitted an enquiry via their online system as we knew the planning for a new build was starting so he was getting his hand in early however they say that the the prospective employer has no record of this and sadly neither does my son. As i said every job he has put down on his job sheet he has applied for but in all honesty the only ones he can confirm are the ones where he got an interview and then a knock back letter, as with most applications these days your lucky if you hear back from 2 in 10. He says that the woman who interviewed him today always seems to be on his back and any time he has asked for help towards courses or any information she has just dismissed him and told him to look at the website. Im not one of these people who foolishly believe my children at every point and take their word as law but i am constantly on his case making sure he is already doing all these things anyway as i know how the job centre can be. The only thing he may be guilty of in Naievty in his approach to that application? where does he stand ??

They will not pursue refusing to apply unless the vacancy was matched so he needs to determine the full facts from his adviser first, he needs to know when he was matched to the vacancy how the application needed to be made as posted above. There is strict guidance to be followed for these referrals and the it can only be referred on a matched vacancy not on a vacancy that was found through a customers own independant job search.

Each case is considered on it's own merits so I can't say what te outcome will be, but from experince in the office that I work in employers are aware that their statement can have an effect on payments so have to be certain that no application has been made, if there is a slightest doubt then no referral will be made.

If he feels that there is a problem with his adviser he can request a different adviser in writing and the letter should be addressed to the adviser manager and then his request can be considered no guarantee that he will be referred to anyone else but it's worth a try.

With regards to his ES4 it is advised that he notes each activity that he takes for job search on a daily basis and not just note the vacancies he has applied for.

Help with courses has near enogh be removed now and it's only the courses run in conjunction with the JCP that he can referred to. If he wants to start a course he needs to ensure it is a part time course and that it fits it with his JSAg.

The bottom line is: the employer not having a record doesn't positively prove your son has not applied for the position. Emails get lost, letters get lost or stolen and so on. The jobcentre can indeed DMA your son but he will appeal and will win. Just tell your son to be confident and not to fall into the Jobcentre trap. Source: happened to me before.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Thanks very much for the advice Flumps i thought as much but it does worry us, I wouldnt mind but he is one of the ones trying to find work but there just seems to be so many barriers nowadays!!! Thanks again