MCOL Arrow Global - Acknowledgment of Service?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I was hoping to receive a bit of help regarding a claim from Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd today.I received a defence pack this morning stating I owe some money (under 5k, over 3k) with regards to a regulated agreement between myself and Natwest. That I have failed to make a payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served.

Trouble is, the only thing I can think this might be for is a very old credit card (perhaps over 6 years ago), that I was chased by various people for, before I responded with a request for the original cca agreement, to which I never received a reply and that was the last I heard. I also disputed the debt at the time and I'm fairly sure it was removed from the relevant credit agency (equifax or experian)

However, I am unsure as to whether to completely defend all of the claim and whether or not to challenge the jurisdiction. It is for Northampton, but I live much further North and have done for a long time.Any pointers would be most helpful.

If it is statute barred you defend all of the claim. It then gets tranferred to you local court and you have to submit a defence. Plenty on here about the procedure. Long time since I was involved with this but I think once you acknowledge service you have a further 2 weeks to put in your defence.

Hi. I was hoping to receive a bit of help regarding a claim from Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd today.I received a defence pack this morning stating I owe some money (under 5k, over 3k) with regards to a regulated agreement between myself and Natwest. That I have failed to make a payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served.

Trouble is, the only thing I can think this might be for is a very old credit card (perhaps over 6 years ago), that I was chased by various people for, before I responded with a request for the original cca agreement, to which I never received a reply and that was the last I heard. I also disputed the debt at the time and I'm fairly sure it was removed from the relevant credit agency (equifax or experian)

However, I am unsure as to whether to completely defend all of the claim and whether or not to challenge the jurisdiction. It is for Northampton, but I live much further North and have done for a long time.Any pointers would be most helpful.

Greetings,

I believe the jurisdiction part is if you are in another country...not a different part of the UK...

So you should defend all and not question the jurisdiction.

Statute barred is an absolute defence anyway...but you need to make sure it is.

I'm sure others will be along to help soon.

Regards,

Stormski

Your first move is to check your credit reference files

to see if the account is on there, if it is not it was defaulted

more than 6 years, the date of the last payment and or

written acknowledgment of the debt needs to established.

For a debt to become statute barred there must be 6 clear

years with no payment or acknowledgment in writting.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: