style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had a letter from Marston Group that was dropped off by a bailliff. Let me start at the beginning, back in 2000 I was issued with court fines which i started to pay off and then for a number of years stopped paying them. In 2005 the berkshire payments office contacted me regarding these, by which time I had genuinely forgotten about these and arranged to get them paid off. As far as I was aware this would then be the end of the matter.

7 years later (january this year) I was contacted again regarding these, I have sent them proof of payment from 2005 and was told that if I do not hear from them then the matter would again be closed and i would not hear from them. A few months went by without any contact so I waas releived that this was finally over.

Yesterday i received a text from my wife to let me know about a letter that arrived and was delivered by hand saying that this bailliff had turned up at my door to take away goods totalling the amount of £555. The fine that i apparently still owe is £255, they have added admin fees of £75 and also attendance costs of £225.

I contacted marston group regarding this and expressed that i was absolutely disgusted that i was contacted yet again and that i would like them to stop the bailliff from contacting me again, they have said that because it has been passed over they cannot contact the bailliff and stop him from calling again. I have tried to contact the bailliff several times but i keep getting his voicemail.

Any advice on what i can do in this situation?