HMRC man doesn't want to investigate what's happening to my taxes.

pugilist
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies and gentlemen,

My current employment issue is as follows: I still can't get my taxes back for the tax year 2010-11. The caseworker from HMRC says that he has not been able to establish the tax paid during 2010-11 tax year. Well, that was exactly what he said after I provided him with the copy of the statement from my employer which clearly states that the tax was paid to HMRC.

I wrote him a letter asking him if the statement is fake/not valid/forged or whatever. Also I asked him if he is aware that my employer provided me with a false statement, and he(the caseworker) all the same doesn't want to investigate it and wants me to do all that kind of job. But it's been a month's time since I sent a letter to him, but I still haven't got any reply.

What should I do if the caseworker doesn't want to investigate what's happening to my taxes? Where should I complain, or may be should I try to write him one more time?

Thank you.

I've moved your thread to the HMRC forum as I think you'll get more informed help there.

• Confused 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

Just need to establish a few facts before deciding the best way to forward progress this for you;

Did you have just one employment in 2010/11

Were you in receipt of any benefits

Did you receive any other income such as income from property

Did your employer provide you with form P60 (certificate of pay and tax deducted)

• Confused 1

Gbarbm

Hi

Just need to establish a few facts before deciding the best way to forward progress this for you;

Did you have just one employment in 2010/11

Hi Gbarbm,

No, that was not just one employment in 2010/11.

In his last letter to me he says: "I am only able to identify that you had tax of £216.00 deducted from you by *** Decorating Contractors Ltd(I worked for that company for just around couple of weeks). I have not been able to establish any other tax paid during 2010-11 tax year".

Were you in receipt of any benefits

No, I was not in receipt of any benefits.

Did you receive any other income such as income from property

No, I didn't receive any other income.

Did your employer provide you with form P60 (certificate of pay and tax deducted)

Yes. Here is the scan of the only form my employer(I worked for his company for about half a year) provided me with:

ba99373cd28c.jpg

That's a CIS statement which means that you weren't actually an employee of the company, but a sub-contractor, so were self-employed. You must have registered under the scheme.

I'm sure Gbarbm can advise you, or you could contact the CIS helpline for advice or check it out online. Details here. http://search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kb5/hmrc/contactus/view.page?record=039zI-xtZZw

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As Caro says you were a subcontractor within the Construction Industry scheme.

The payment has been subjected to tax at 20%.

You should have completed a self assessment return, giving details as per the certificate of payment

You should write to the HMRC officer enclosing a photocopy of the CIS certificate (do not send the original in case it goes astray) they will calculate your tax liability based on the total income received

Gbarbm

Gbarbm and caro,

The money had been paid into my account on 11.05.2012(I should have checked my account before creating the thread:)). I think that my last letter to them contributed to the success.

Thank you very much for your help guys.

Yes good news. :-)