dla being re-assessed again

taff12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

i had my dla re-assessed in december 2011 and was awarded higher rate care and mobility after being on lower rate mobility for 8 years and to worried about losing that to ask for it to be re-assessed but as my condition had worsened i had no option but to ask to be re-assessed. now just over 4 months later i had a letter this morning ordering me to fill in a re-assessment form, i just cant believe this is happening, my dla award stated my new award was indefinite and they are re-assessing me already just 4 months after filling in countless forms and supplying them with medical evidence, please does anyone have any advice, as i am now at the end of my tether, just when i was beginning to think things were looking up and that i could get on with my life as best i can, and being able go out as i gave up my mobility award to lease a mobility car, they go and pull the rug from out under me in such an extremely short time, i just cant believe they are re-assessing me after just 4 months, this surely cannot be right, has anyone had any similar experiences?. the form they have sent is a DLA80 form

hope someone can offer guidance and advice on this matter.

many thanks

taff

Not sure what the DLA80 form is. There is something called the right payments programme where people are selected at random to check their awards. However, I'm sure I read that you're exempt for the first 12 months.

• 3 months later...
A DLA800 is a DLA review form

A review can be instigated at any time after the claimant has been in receipt of a DLA award for 12 months, no matter what the length of the award is.

Hi, I'm new on here and my daughter has just been sent the DLA800, I'm confused as she was awarded it for 3 years in feb 2012, im really concerned as she took the mobility car, does anyone know if this is correct, she went to tge tribunal and they awarded it, just sounds like a complete joke if they can overturn an appeals process, would be grateful for some help

since making my initial post asking for advice, i decided to write to my MP he in turn wrote to ian duncan smith and he in turn passed the matter on to terry moran, chief operating officer and in his reply to me it was stated was that they can reassess anyone once their claim was 3 months old, i was more than a little taken aback at this statement and they do this under the guise of ensuring you are getting the right money, yeah right! they call the procedure the right payment program, I call it and them something else, but that's just my opinion. They love coming up with these pc phrases when all they are doing is trying to worm their way out of paying you what your entitled to. I mean do they honestly think that someone with serious health problems will miraculously get better after being in receipt of dla or care allowance for all of 3 months.

They will say that your case is reandomly drawn, but i believe this is not quite true as in my town it seems more like everyone in receipt of dla and/or carers allowance has received this DLA800 form under the guise that the DWP just want to make sure they are getting all the benefits they are entitled to, YEAH RIGHT of course you do, since when have the DWP ever had the claimants best interests at heart, and of those that have had home visits in my town they have been conducted by an ATOS health care proffesional, and just recently two tv programs, dispatches and panorama have shown just how fair and unbiased atos can be, Vivvy i really wish you well in your fight against the DWP and ATOS, I am currently having to go through the mammoth form filling process for my ESA, DLA, and CARE ALLOWANCE all at the same time.

since making my initial post asking for advice, i decided to write to my MP he in turn wrote to ian duncan smith and he in turn passed the matter on to terry moran, chief operating officer and in his reply to me it was stated was that they can reassess anyone once their claim was 3 months old, i was more than a little taken aback at this statement and they do this under the guise of ensuring you are getting the right money, yeah right! they call the procedure the right payment program, I call it and them something else, but that's just my opinion. They love coming up with these pc phrases when all they are doing is trying to worm their way out of paying you what your entitled to. I mean do they honestly think that someone with serious health problems will miraculously get better after being in receipt of dla or care allowance for all of 3 months.

They will say that your case is reandomly drawn, but i believe this is not quite true as in my town it seems more like everyone in receipt of dla and/or carers allowance has received this DLA800 form under the guise that the DWP just want to make sure they are getting all the benefits they are entitled to, YEAH RIGHT of course you do, since when have the DWP ever had the claimants best interests at heart, and of those that have had home visits in my town they have been conducted by an ATOS health care proffesional, and just recently two tv programs, dispatches and panorama have shown just how fair and unbiased atos can be, Vivvy i really wish you well in your fight against the DWP and ATOS, I am currently having to go through the mammoth form filling process for my ESA, DLA, and CARE ALLOWANCE all at the same time.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the DWP target areas where it is predicted (on a postal code basis) that an unusually large number of fraudalent claims could exist.

As an example, it is more likely that these types of cases (exagerated or fraudalent) will arise in high unemployment hotspots that have a high proportion of young people are single and live on there own with young children and come from a family where no one works as against the likes of living in rural Hertfordshire or Surrey where very few people claim benefits over and above the norm CB and CTC.

Try comparing the likes of the poorer areas of Leeds, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham with Chipping Norton or Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Besides which, I cannot see the problem with regular reviews of say every 12 months. If you are genuine then you will have the required amount of evidence to present to the DWP and have a supporting GP/Consultant.

I read somewhere it was 12 months. If it's changed, they've kept it quiet.

If you are genuine then you will have the required amount of evidence to present to the DWP and have a supporting GP/Consultant.

Not all of us are under consultants. I was diagnosed, told to do a few things and then discharged.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the DWP target areas where it is predicted (on a postal code basis) that an unusually large number of fraudalent claims could exist.

As an example, it is more likely that these types of cases (exagerated or fraudalent) will arise in high unemployment hotspots that have a high proportion of young people are single and live on there own with young children and come from a family where no one works as against the likes of living in rural Hertfordshire or Surrey where very few people claim benefits over and above the norm CB and CTC.

Try comparing the likes of the poorer areas of Leeds, Bradford, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham with Chipping Norton or Royal Tunbridge Wells.

Besides which, I cannot see the problem with regular reviews of say every 12 months. If you are genuine then you will have the required amount of evidence to present to the DWP and have a supporting GP/Consultant.

gregbythesea it would seem that you appear totally unaware of how little attention or regard atos will afford any medical evidence no matter whom it may come from, ATOS are a lore unto themselves, you can appeal but i'll bet just after your appeal awards you an appropriate level of benefit, atos will call you for another medical and your back where you started on the benefit merry go round.

You state that you see no problem having your case reviewed every 12 months, that does seem reasonable but i have evidence that they can and do review your case once you have been in reciept of your benefit for as little as 3 months.Nystagmite they did indeed keep it quiet and as you say its nigh on impossible to get professional help to back up your benefit claim, but as regards the three month ruling i have in my possesion a letter from terry moran cb chief operating officer at the dept. of works and pensions operating on behalf of ian duncan smith and he states that they only exclude people who have had a decision made on their benefit withing the last 3 months, any more and your regarded as fair game.

Even if it was 12 months which may seem reasonable for some but not all who have a physical problem it is not quite the same case for someone who has a serious mental health problem for whom just the very act of having to try and fill in their forms is a nightmare that no one unless they have seen first hand how it affects someone with mental health problems will ever understand. Professor Harrington himself who has reviewed the test has said its not fit for purpose in its current form

the forms themselves are worded in such a way as to catch you out and to ensure that you get minimal points, why else would the government be so insistant on pushing ahead that is why GPs 44,000 of them have voted unanimously in favour of scrapping the controversial work capability assessment (WCA) At the annual GPs' conference, doctors backed a motion stating that the computer-based assessments were "inadequate" and "have little regard to the nature or complexity of the needs of long-term sick and disabled persons". They called for the tests to be replaced with a more "rigorous and safe system"

Im currently on mid rate care and low rate mobillity...i sent in a change of circumstances form back in april..after 11weeks i recieved a decision saying no change...ive asked for a reconsideration...now its another 11week wait...i will probably then have to go to appeal...another month...if again..another month..if tribunal...who knows...i doubt i wil know by xmas...and if they do change it...it could well be taken away next year when the new system comes in...i suffer from lupus, fybromyalgia and depression...also serious weight loss....im a prisoner in my own home and havin access to a car could change my life...but what do the government care.....has anyone had a decision turned on a reconsideration?