• Tweets

• Thank you. If you declared £300 only as the value when you send them off then I'm afraid that that is all you will be to claim for. Why did you do that when you knew that they were so much more valuable? Of course the insurance cover you paid for was only for that value as well. Please read around this sub- forum very carefully at some of the other Hermes threads and see what we have to say about their lost items, their prohibited items list and their so-called insurance cover and how it is ridiculous to require you to insure them against their own negligence or criminality. I believe that one of the items on their prohibited items list is musical instruments and this may eventually be a basis for then denying liability. However we don't know yet. You haven't addressed the question as to whether or not you've put a formal claim into Hermes and whether they have responded.
    • harveys went down june this year,    and who are they above?   sorry for all the questions but its very important to know who to fire arrows at and what type of arrow  more to come but answer the above first please   dx  
    • Declared when i sent them and paid for , sorry not used to typing this sort of stuff.   From a reference point, its like buying a car then removing the engine, sending the engine away for work and it gets lost. does that help.  
    • Multipage pdf attached Also included was 50 pages of statements and a financial questionnaire form which I haven't scanned. 02_12_2020.pdf
    • there are no rules that dictate an OC or a DCA debt buyer has to cease contact nor destroy data after 6yrs, nor that once a debt is statute barred the owner is not allowed to contract you requesting payment.    you need to remember that SB in E&W simply means a debt cannot be enforced, so DCA's don't bother with court.   it appears you might of been one of the many people that followed advice by members at the time to enter into all many of pointless letter tennis, sending this letter and that letter and most probably gained from this the idea that at some point, because people genuinely believed all the stuff stated in the letters banded around actually meant something,  it nailed debt owners into a box and they would stop and comply.   well no immunity cape batman, most of it was utter twaddle, however, the FCA conc rules of 2015 are a very useful tool.   i would be sending the relevant dca's a copy of our statute barred letter, in that you'll see a mention of conc, once they have that, should they still pester, some compo might be owed.
  • Our picks

Can they legally do this? Surely not!!!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3124 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have a loan with a company and I pay it monthly via direct debit. However, I switched bank accounts last month and they transferred all my direct debits etc but a couple of them didn't get paid on time and so I rang them straight away and they said they could take a card payment.

Problem was I don't have one but my wife offered to pay it with her debit card as a one off.

I have logged on to my account with them to check that the direct debit is set up correctly and noticed that they have stored her card on there as a future payment method.

I emailed them saying that my wife is not happy and that they should remove it immediately but they refused and said until I put a debit card of my own on (as back up) they will not remove it!!

Can they do this?? My wife is livid!!

The loan is in my own name, nothing to do with my wife and we do not have a joint bank account etc.

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading

She should write a 'formal complaint' and formally refusing them permission to debit her card further and also write to her bank to instruct them NOT to allow this company to debit her card, with a copy of her letter to this company. If its in writing her bank has to adher to this.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

who is the company...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not a payday lender by any chance is it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

yep

just looked them up.

thread moved to PDL forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a feeling it was. Thought i recognised that name.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Its the same company. Theynjust masquerade under multiple trading names to avoid detection.