Jude v Nationwide **WON**

DollyDayDream

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5241 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jude

Don't worry too much about this - I think your local court is most probably really busy with similar claims or NW are very very busy.

You'll have your money soon honey - where do you fancy sunning yourself this year? We went to Florida in January with our son and had the holiday of a lifetime - but thankfully we cleared all the debts we needed to with our cash from NW.

Keep us informed with your progress x

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Notice of issue has just arrived. I feel excited but have a strange feeling at the pit of my stomach at the same time, just as most other posters reaching this stage seem to have experienced. However, I am hoping that all the publicity this week will make NW get a move as they face an avalanche of claims. I am so grateful for all the help and support here, and for Vamp's wonderful spreadsheets. Thank you all, :D

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

I have just received an acknowledgement of service and "the defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim". Sadly although it says the acknowledgement was filed by the solicitors acting for the defendant they have left off the name and address for service of documents!! :confused:

Should I just wait to see what happens or do I need to contact the court to find out which solicitors they are using?

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

Nothing yet - and I keep checking my account. I plan to have a rather staid holiday visiting family and friends in the West Country and visit some gardens too!! I have never been to the Eden Project and that is high on the list. I will also get to a couple of County Record Offices to carry on with my family history quest. (I have got back to about 1650 with my mother's family in Somerset). I am on my own now, so I don't fancy exotic holidays alone. :-(

I need to have some household and garden stuff done too, which I hope I shall be able to afford thanks to NW.

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

Are Nationwide slowing up their paying out now? It is 3 weeks since I filed my N1 and it was deemed served on Feb 15th. It's getting me quite edgy! I don't really want to be the one for the high jump!!

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

They have paid up!!! I think I have got 7.75% contractual interest compounded. I claimed £4949.90 and they have paid in £4962. After all the complicated arguments about unauthorised contractual interest, I am not going to go back for more. I don't understand all the arguments and I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Please can a mod transfer this to the "I've WON!!" thread.

DelightedDollyDayDream. :D :D

• Haha 1

Dolly Day Dream

Letter today from Nationwide with details of what they have paid. I claimed for my charges and followed Redsue's example by asking for unauthorised contractual interest at 24.9%, alternatively 7.75% contractual interest or failing that 8% statutory interest. They have paid the charges, 8% interest and my £120 court fee.

I have been warned to be a good girl or they will close my account if I don't comply with their terms and conditions! At least they are not closing my account.

I have just posted my LBA to Capital One. It feels GOOD!! :D

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

• 2 weeks later...

I phoned to get copies of my statements and was also told of the £5 charge per statement, would have cost me £300+. Quoted to them the statutary £10.00 maximun charge, told she would put me through to a supervisor. She came back to say they had had a memo the day before and I was correct!!!!!!