Another Vodafone issue**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody. I am new here, and hope you can help me somehow.

I am having similar issues to others on the forum, and wondered if you might be able to help. I tried to send Lee a PM but it failed :sad:

Basically, I left Vodafone around the end of Jan/Mid Feb, and was sent a final bill. I was in France at the time with work, and ended up staying there for a month longer than planned (I can provide proof if required). Clearly I should have paid the balance prior to departure, but it slipped my mind with work.

Upon my return I found my debt had been passed to Fredrickson International. I called and paid immediately and thought no more of it. Now I am thinking of moving I have been made aware that this could have affected my credit rating (I am yet to check)

I have called Vodafone today to ask if this can be removed from my credit history as I paid immediately and it was a small oversight on my part, and rectified immediately. I have never missed a payment in the past to them.

I have been told it can, but I need to call back in 7-10 days. I wondered if there anyway you might be able to help me, I really don't want something like this to affect my credit rating. I am looking at moving in the near future, and really don’t want this to be an issue, and I worry that it won't be actioned.

My credit rating was perfect beforehand, enabling me to purchase a house on my own, and I am really worried this is going to have a negative impact for the next 6 years!

Please please can you help me.

:-(

Hi

As Bang says there is a VF rep on CAG

Another method to get Lee involved is as follows....

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

• Haha 1

Funnily I was about to swap to voda for data, but after the number of people complaing here changed my mind and went to GiffGaff who I use for calls.

Sadly GG were crap for data - but I am now outside the UK for a bit - so will relook upon my return.

I should add I did use VF quite a bit in 2008 when they priced roaming calls to match UK calls - which was a brilliant service - but I have not been with them since that ended.

Wow, thanks for the swift replies. I have emailed voda as suggested above, but I cannot pm Lee as not posted enough. Hopefully he will pick this up.

I hope I'm not coming across as unreasonable, it was a final bill of 88 quid, and it was paid upon my return, I'm just worried its going to have a major impact on me. My girlfriend is pregnant which is the reason I'm looking at moving to a larger house, and I won't be able to if this is on my file. I hope Vodafone do the right thing.

Edited by simonknowlton

Funnily I was about to swap to voda for data, but after the number of people complaing here changed my mind and went to GiffGaff who I use for calls.

Sadly GG were crap for data - but I am now outside the UK for a bit - so will relook upon my return.

I should add I did use VF quite a bit in 2008 when they priced roaming calls to match UK calls - which was a brilliant service - but I have not been with them since that ended.

I'd love to be outside the UK at the mo what with all this rain....where are you Bang?....somewhere nice?

ims

Hi Simon,

Once you have emailed VF, you should have got an automated reply with a reference number.

Can you find it and post it up on thread. This helps Lee reconcile this thread with the email sent

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Simon,

It's good to see that help was on hand yesterday evening.

I can understand your concerns and while I can't guarantee the outcome please be assured that I'll get this reviewed and get back to you as soon as possible.

Well I decided to check my credit file

Surprise surprise, the only thing was showing 1 x late payment for £11 (I would link the image but I am not able to until I get to 10 posts)

Is this going to cause me a major problem?

I'm afraid I can't provide a definitive answer to this as each lender will assess your mortgage application based on their own credit searching policies.

However, as I've said I'll get this looked into for you.

When I paid the balance to Fredrickson International I specifically asked if this would be shown on my credit file, and was advised it wouldn't. :-x

At the same time as reviewing your case I'll get this investigated further too so we can address this with the DCA.

Hi Bang!,

As the cost of using your phone abroad seems to be a deciding factor for you can I ask if you've heard about Vodafone Data Traveller? If not, you can find out more about it here.

In addition to this we do of course still offer our Vodafone Passport service. For more information on this please see here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just for info

Where a default has been placed for a small amount and you didn't know about it and once you had discovered this fact and attempted to pay it, the Information Commissioner is likely to find that the default is unlawful

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Just for info

Where a default has been placed for a small amount and you didn't know about it and once you had discovered this fact and attempted to pay it, the Information Commissioner is likely to find that the default is unlawful

Good info, thanks :-D

Hi Bang!,

As the cost of using your phone abroad seems to be a deciding factor for you can I ask if you've heard about Vodafone Data Traveller? If not, you can find out more about it here.

In addition to this we do of course still offer our Vodafone Passport service. For more information on this please see here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Thanks Lee.

Your Passport service was great in 2009 when it had cancelled the ?75p? fixed charge per call. Since then I have not used it. Its cheaper for me to be called leaving a missed call - then calling back myself.

I will check the links you sent, but its really far cheaper just getting a local sim when abroad, as it costs me 10 euros for the country I am in most - and that's about 2-300 local mins, more local texts than I would ever use - and three gig of data which handles my calls back to the UK.

We also now just get one sim between us, as one phone can tether to the other - and Estonia probably has the greatest WiFi (or wee-fee as they call it) saturation in the EU.

One thing that put me off roaming was being in Transnistria, which is not recognised by the UK, so both phones stopped. Out of curiousity check to see if Transnistria, Abkhazia, or South Ossetia have any roaming facility with VF. It always struck me as funny roaming could have political limitations.

Lastly - with the new EU pricing on roaming, it will soon be better to use a roaming phone in the UK as a glovebox/emergency phone for two reasons.

1. The phone will work with almost any network, so offering better coverage/greater safety/convenience. (I have been using one for hillwalking for years.)

2. The EU lowering the roaming prices in summer is heading for roaming prices that beat non-package UK PAYG pricing. So a roaming phone would be cheaper for occasional use.

Checking your links now.

Cheers!

I'd love to be outside the UK at the mo what with all this rain....where are you Bang?....somewhere nice?

ims

Sorry - I missed your post earlier.

I was in Estonia where I have been living recenty, but am in the process of coming back to the UK.

However, I am now back, as papers I needed sent never appeared - but having spent much of the last 5 months in the UK rather than just a couple of weeks every now and again.

The recession seems to be biting hard under tory austerity, and I am in two minds about whether coming back for keeps/a long while makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see that Lee has come through again. I will mark this thread resolved and place a link within the VF successes thread.

I just wish you hadn't had to air your problem on this forum. In other words, "Vodafone, get your act together!"

Thought I would update this.

Very impressed with the service I received from Lee. He dealt with my enquiry very well, and has had the default notice removed. Very impressed.

Thank you Lee

Hi Simon,

Thanks for updating your thread to confirm that this has now been resolved for you.

Glad to see that Lee has come through again. I will mark this thread resolved and place a link within the VF successes thread.

Thanks for taking care of the usual amendments to the thread title silverfox.

Best wishes to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK