direct payments

mo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You mean Carers allowance?

As far as I know payment for carers who live with the person they look after are direct.

Have a look at this as it may help. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Caringforsomeone/DG_10018705

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

You need to contact the council and ask the question. There are no details on that web site about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

• 3 weeks later...

You can in certain circumstances, for example, if someone has mental health issues it is not always best if a stranger is employed to be their personal assistant. It is much better for someone who they know well and trust, someone who perhaps lives with them. It is best to check with the council who supplies the direct payment.

• 4 months later...

It depends who the person is. If it's a parent/step parent then no. Direct payments are made to a responsible adult to look after the child so as to give the parents a break and nobody will pay someone to look after their own child. If it's an adult brother/sister then maybe you could. Let us know how you get on.

• 3 weeks later...

I did it for quite sometime for my wife who has ME and many other ailments. We got direct payments from our County Council and her Care Manager agreed that the care would be shared between me and a care agency.

I worked at the time and it was quite complicated paying the tax but not insurmountable. I managed to do most of the intimate care as my wife did not want someone else doing it and the other carers helped with other things like food,drink, bit of cleaning, keeping her company whilst I was at work.

You have to have a very good, flexible care manager.

Good Luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)