Allied international credit -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope I have posted in the correct section - Brief description of my problem

I have an outstanding £10k business overdraft that I was jointly and severally liable for with a business partner (big mistake)

Business went belly up due to non payment from clients - two years ago when the construction industry was on its knees

For some reason its me the bank initially went after and all subsequent companies they have handed the 'problem' too

I have been unable to pay back the loan due to my severe reduction in income, they wouldnt accept what I was able to pay ie £10 a month and Lloyds have since passed this to various agents none of whom would accept that amount, Westcott was the first, I simply refused to pay any more and despite various threats none of them took any action, there is normally a gap of a couple of months then another company gets on to me

I have now received a couple of phone calls from Allied International Credit and have heard they are one of the ones that can get nasty - is this true and what action should I take, the first couple of messages they have left have been pretty blunt, and what are the implications if they do

ie should I simply not answer the phone - what can they do if i dont - previously I have tried to be as helpful as possible regarding myself as an honest individual

Thanks for any help y0u can give me

Edited by openside50
spelling error

Keep off the phone, they only want to intimidate and threaten you with all sorts of ridiculous nonsense that they like to think they can do, but actually cannot!.

Have you made a formal complaint to the bank regarding this and their treatment of you? Have a read up of BCOBS, something that they don't want anyone to know about.

If all you can afford is £10 a month, and I hope you are leaving yourself some money to have a life?

Then that is all you pay, ignore the letters from DCA's, they are as factual as the moon is made of cheese.

If the BANK wanted to have their money back, then they would have instigated legal proceedings against you, which they haven't, so check your credit file and see what is on there first.

How much of this OD is charges? These need to be reclaimed.

Stay OFF the phone, keep EVERYTHING in writing, keep copies of ALL correspondence you send them, and always get "Proof of posting" from the PO counter, which is free.

Keep a diary of events also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You should never talk to Debt Collectors on the phone, do you own property or any other assets.

Yes I own my property with a fair amount of equity - but that is it, the business folding wiped me out and all savings now gone

My worry of course is that they could instigate a court case which would see me forced to sell - or whatever it is happens in these cases

I was buoyed up by the fact the previous companies put in the case just went away when I refused to pay any more than I could afford, its just that I have read on here that Allied are a different kettle of fish

I have thought of selling my house and downsizing, but the kids have just left uni or are about to and I dont want to kick them out - i quite like the little blighters

• 2 weeks later...
Hope I have posted in the correct section - Brief description of my problem

I have an outstanding £10k business overdraft that I was jointly and severally liable for with a business partner (big mistake)

Business went belly up due to non payment from clients - two years ago when the construction industry was on its knees

For some reason its me the bank initially went after and all subsequent companies they have handed the 'problem' too

I have been unable to pay back the loan due to my severe reduction in income, they wouldnt accept what I was able to pay ie £10 a month and Lloyds have since passed this to various agents none of whom would accept that amount, Westcott was the first, I simply refused to pay any more and despite various threats none of them took any action, there is normally a gap of a couple of months then another company gets on to me

I have now received a couple of phone calls from Allied International Credit and have heard they are one of the ones that can get nasty - is this true and what action should I take, the first couple of messages they have left have been pretty blunt, and what are the implications if they do

ie should I simply not answer the phone - what can they do if i dont - previously I have tried to be as helpful as possible regarding myself as an honest individual

Thanks for any help y0u can give me

HiI too have had numerous dealings with Allied International Credit what a rude bunch of indivisuals they are!!!! On more than one occasion they have rang me on a SUNDAY more than 15 times! In the end I was peed off, fired off a letter telling them NOT to ring and that I would only correspond with them by mail. One particular grubby individual told me that I should sell my house to pay them back the £12,000 I owed them (MBNA). I pay them what I can afford by direct debit and have been doing since 2009.....I have sent numerous letters to them as I am in dispute over the amount I still owe. Just before christmas last year I had letter saying they had passed the debt to another agency...who have yet to contact me so I dont know where I am. i still pay the same sum by direct debit. The CCCS told me to only pay them £1 a month and that in fact they couldnt do anything to me even if they were to take me to Court the judge would rule in my favour as I am paying them something. Also, the fact that the initial debt is/was with MBNA is interesting as they are the major bank/credit card company who charged customers unauthorised PPI. I have put in my claim cos I reckon having had a credit for £8,000 and paid it off, and then another one for £13,000 they must owe me a pretty penny, I am prepared for a fight though.So, in summary, dont be harrassed by them they will threaten you with all manner of things but dont take it on board, just say you will not conduct any conversation over the phone, and that you will only communicate with them in writing. Good Luck and let us know how you get on...they are bleeders to say the least!

HiI too have had numerous dealings with Allied International Credit what a rude bunch of indivisuals they are!!!! On more than one occasion they have rang me on a SUNDAY more than 15 times! In the end I was peed off, fired off a letter telling them NOT to ring and that I would only correspond with them by mail. One particular grubby individual told me that I should sell my house to pay them back the £12,000 I owed them (MBNA). I pay them what I can afford by direct debit and have been doing since 2009.....I have sent numerous letters to them as I am in dispute over the amount I still owe. Just before christmas last year I had letter saying they had passed the debt to another agency...who have yet to contact me so I dont know where I am. i still pay the same sum by direct debit. The CCCS told me to only pay them £1 a month and that in fact they couldnt do anything to me even if they were to take me to Court the judge would rule in my favour as I am paying them something. Also, the fact that the initial debt is/was with MBNA is interesting as they are the major bank/credit card company who charged customers unauthorised PPI. I have put in my claim cos I reckon having had a credit for £8,000 and paid it off, and then another one for £13,000 they must owe me a pretty penny, I am prepared for a fight though.So, in summary, dont be harrassed by them they will threaten you with all manner of things but dont take it on board, just say you will not conduct any conversation over the phone, and that you will only communicate with them in writing. Good Luck and let us know how you get on...they are bleeders to say the least!

AlsoAbove all else your Mortgage, Council Tax, Gas, electricity and food comes before any debt that you may/may not owe. So do a breakdown of what you have to pay out each month, including dentist, etc and sundries then however much you have left after paying EVERYTHING that you have to pay out is the amount you have to decide out of what you can pay them (did that make sense) so basically only pay what YOU can afford NOT what they tell you you should be paying, they will try to get you to pay some ridiculous amount and as I said before threaten you with bailiff etc but dont listen, LOL they said that to me and I said well bring it on mate cos I have two bloody great dogs living here with me and if you wanna send them or come yourself would be even better they will be waiting...LOL...seriously, I know I make it sound light hearted but I do know what you are going through, I lost my job 3 years ago which is when all my problems started, creditors knocking on my door (hypothetically speaking) so I have been through the same stress...they do rely on you not knowing your rights so read up on what your rights are (I have only just joined this site but it seems like a great source of info). As I said before good luck and let us know how you get on.

I pay them what I can afford by direct debit and have been doing since 2009.....I have sent numerous letters to them as I am in dispute over the amount I still owe.

If you are disputing the amount owed then I would with-hold payments until such times as you agree.

Please cancel the Direct Debit, DCA's have been known in the past to use the DD system to empty your Bank Account.

If you feel you must pay, set up a standing Order, that way you are in complete control.

Personally, I think that ARC is laughing at you for continuing to pay them when the Account is in-dispute & has been passed onto other DCA's.

Have ARC ever supplied you with a statement of account?

Have you checked your Credit Reference File?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

If you are disputing the amount owed then I would with-hold payments until such times as you agree.

Please cancel the Direct Debit, DCA's have been known in the past to use the DD system to empty your Bank Account.

If you feel you must pay, set up a standing Order, that way you are in complete control.

Personally, I think that ARC is laughing at you for continuing to pay them when the Account is in-dispute & has been passed onto other DCA's.

Have ARC ever supplied you with a statement of account?

Have you checked your Credit Reference File?

Stigman

Should have said SO sorry they never answer letters.....