Paypal incorrect refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have ran into problems with Paypal. I was refunded by a seller , but i found £5 had been deducted there was no explanation for this , so i emiled paypal and they sent me this

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We never apply fees if a seller issues a refund via the ‘Issue refund’ link in their PayPal account. In this instance however, the refund you received was issued through the ‘Send Money’ feature as a new payment. This means that our standard fee for receiving money was applied.

Don’t worry, though, this should be easy to resolve. Just contact your seller and ask them to refund your original transaction using the ‘Issue Refund’ link. You can refund the new payment you received and enter a note advising your seller that you have been charged a fee as they have not refunded the original transaction.

Here’s how you can refund the payment you received:

Go to http://www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.

Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.

Click ‘Details’ next to the seller’s refund.

Click ‘Issue a refund.’

For ‘Refund Amount,’ enter the amount that the seller refunded to you, then click ‘Continue.’

Review the information, then click ‘Issue Refund.’

Your seller can use the same instructions to refund the original payment to you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Lisa

PayPal"l

So i followed their instructions and sent seller this message

"could you please refund 98.99 again, (this was due to fee applied) i contacted Paypal and they state that i need to do this using the "Issue Refund' link. - and you also need to use this method thanks"

6 weeks have passed and i have heard nothing from seller.

Numerous emails sent to Paypal - going around in circles and the last 2 ignored.

3 lengthy phone calls lasting over 1hr .Initially i was told a manager would look into my case and email me - i got nothing.Then it was claimed above was a spoof email and now all i get is that it was my fault i disputed the fee in first place.But even when i told them i was following their instructions (which i later discovered were totally incorrect as 60days had passed) they are disingenously hiding behind the dreadful 45/60 day rule.

Have moved your thread to General Consumer issue forums You should get more help there.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

the seller has issued a refund minus £5 so they have sent you a payment rather then refund the oritginal payment.

DO NOT CLOSE your paypal dispute.

refund their payment

if they do not respond to the paypa dispute, paypal wi refund the original transaction

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks - i have refunded the seller the payment -that was over a month ago.I contacted paypal they say " dispute is over 45 days - "nothing to do with us" -even though it was their instructions per email i followed

why did you not open dispute before the time limit?

you may have to beg with PayPal as they can open a dispute after the 45 days if they wish too.

if not and the seller in non cooperative then you would need to go down the small claims route

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I was dealing with seller during that time -and to be really honest i wasn't aware of the 45day rule(i know that is no exuse despite the idiotic time limit).The product had a very minor fault which was not affecting useage but then the console failed - and the actual dispute occurred after the 45days.

I think Paypal policy is one of buyer indifference or that buyer will simply give up.They have misinformed me by saying they have discretion to open dispute after 45 days to later "our computers won't allow it"

Small claims court - seller is international -so no chance there.I think Paypal are aware of the "international problem" and hence their attitude.

I can't see what is so complicated about Paypal getting refund back for me off the seller- surely it just needs a a few clicks on their part?

Personally i think the time limit is immaterial as they instructed me wrongfully to refund anyway

I think you're out of luck, the 45 day rule is all PayPal will follow.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

• 1 month later...