Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Recommended Topics

  • Posts

    • Hi,   I sent the email to both my local councillor and the leader of my local council yesterday evening. I didn't receive an acknowledgement email. Do you know if I should have, as I know that if you ever email an MP you always receive a acknowledgement email?   Walshy
    • Can I ask how your taking him to court with just his a trade name ?  Yes I notice hes still trading on ebay.   
    • Very good finds indeed which help to undermine their case.. And to strengthen your case take a look  look at a thread by Tom Price also at Southend airport which is several threads below yours and you will see that he won his case on the fact that he was stopped rather than parked. On top of that he had the Airports Act  1986 to quote. The relevant section is no 63 " Byelaws are covered at S.63  (2)Any such byelaws may, in particular, include byelaws— (d)for regulating vehicular traffic anywhere within the airport, except on roads within the airport to which the road traffic enactments apply, and in particular (with that exception) for imposing speed limits on vehicles within the airport and for restricting or regulating the parking of vehicles or their use for any purpose or in any manner specified in the byelaws;" That confirms that the roads at the airport are either covered by the Road Traffic Act or Byelaws neither of which is relevant land therefore  PoFA cannot apply. And  VCS should be aware of that. Another thing is that when you posted their WS you didn't include their contract which I missed at the time. However Tom Price included it in his. And guess what-the  alleged offence they are pursuing you for, No Stopping, is not included in their contract. If you look at the end of their Service Agreement [aka contract] you will a list of contravention on Scedule 1 [7] (46) PARKING/WAITING ON A ROADWAY WHERE STOPPING IS PROHIBITTED That is the nearest to what you did. But you were not parking nor waiting -you were stopped so there was no reason to issue you with a PCN as you never broke any of their contraventions. Looks like they breached your GDPR and you should include that as it carries a hefty charge £750 is not unheard of.   Have a read of his WS too which may give you further ideas even possibly to rebut some of the points VCS  make.
    • Lawrence Stroll, executive chairman of Aston Martin, told the BBC he wants to build a firm with a "luxury profile". View the full article
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Advice please - 28 days nearly up & not heard


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5257 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have done all the letters etc as your website has suggested. I regisitered my claim the usual route on MCOL and the serve date was 6th Sept. I heard from court/MCOL bods who state that HSBC/DG have 'acknowledged service' which then gives them an extra + 14 days to buy more time & build a defence. DG wrote to me on 20th Sept asking for a breakdown of my charges, which i duly faxed to them on 26th and phoned them. They rang me back on 26th and said they rec'd it.

 

I have now not heard anything from DG or HSBC since the letter. The 28 days from the original date is up tomorrow, 6th Oct.

 

What do i do if i have not heard from HSBC/DG? I understand that if they do not issue a defence to MCOL by tomorrow then i win by default. If they do issue a defence, does that mean i end up going to court? Would appreciate a bit of advice here. Do i have to contact MCOL tomorrow? Total amount i am claiming incl. £120 MCOL fee & 8% apr interest is about £2500

 

Sorry to sound a blonde divvy but im getting a bit nervous now, but im determined to see this through to the end. They did originally offer me £1700 after my LBA but i declined saying i would take it in part payment & would still go for the rest.

 

Thanks

Chewlips

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chewlips,

 

I was in the same situation as you, then yesterday DG entered a defence on MCOL and then this morning I received a letter offering full settlement. So don't panic, I'm sure you'll get a letter from them within a day or two. If they don't enter a defence then you can proceed on MCOL and you win by default.

 

Good luck!

HSBC

Full offer received and accepted 03/10/06

MCOL issued 01/09/06 Claim now up to 3715.85

Offered £1900 as full and final settlement - Declined

Claiming £2844.5 + £201.35 interest = £3045.85

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 27/7/06

Frustrated at waiting, Prelim sent 03/8/06

LBA sent 17/8/06

 

Halifax

Prelim sent 28/09/06 caliming £345.00

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 23/8/06

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, an update!

 

I thought that the 28 days were up on weds 4th oct, but apparently you are right, MCOL add 5 postage days so when i rang up MCOL helpdesk/line the lady said the deadline for HSBC to file a defence is today, Mon 9th. On Fri 6th last wk i rec'd a letter from Julie Kyle, DG offering the full amount i had asked for. I posted her a letter back & signed her copy of the letter. Not sure about the 'complete confidentiality' bit though, was thinking about contacting GMTV!!!!! Ive also asked for £75 additional charges back aswell since i started this, seeing as they are writing me a cheque hopefully! Should i ring Julie Kyle and see if she got my acceptance ltr, cant hurt i guess? I should imagine i will get sent the questionnaire as deadline is today - shall i give DG a set amount of time then if they dont play ball do & send the questionnaire?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...