DHL Service to Andorra w/ third party shop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Could you give me any advice on this. I have used one of those shops who have a contract with yodel, parcel force, dhl etc and advertise a parcel service.

- I got a quote last Thurs £66 for 22kgs to Andorra - no address, area code etc mentioned

- I then took the items in for weighing as I'd added to them - was quoted £93 for 35kgs - they had the full address and area code at this point.

- They wrote me a receipt in front of me after debitting me the £93 on my card. The receipt clearly states the full address including the area code (This was on Saturday) and has PAID IN FULL at the end of it.

I had a voicemail from the guy at the shop yesterday saying my consignee address in Andorra is in a rural area and it would cost "significantly more" to send it and that the parcel has gone nowhere and I might need to speak to my customer (ie. to get more money).

Am I right in saying that there contract began when they debitted me and gave me a receipt (which included the areacode in Andorra) ?? surely they cant ask me for more money at this point?

I have put it to them in writing in the above terms, but if they are to play hardball and not send it what can I do?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Luke

To hasten matters despite their appearing to be in breach of contract - could you ask your customer to pick the package up from their office?

Although Andorra is tiny with almost everything in La Vella - there are thousands of houses half way up mountains on dirt paths. i would suspect 45mins would be the furthest from LV, but a normal delivery van just would not manage the final part to this type of location. However, the customer will have a vehicle that can.

I've been there over a dozen times, and Fiat Panda 4x4s were the most common cars.

Thanks for your response Bang!

I have asked my customer if they might be willing to collect from a local DHL depot. I suppose there is one in La Vella ?

I would suspect so - as most people in Andorra are non Andorran, and there are often long queues at customs at both sides after you leave due to the close to zero tax pricing.

call +34 93 263 4500 to check - i looked it up on the DHL site. I'm on my mobile so some sites are a pain.

I never realised how much the Andorran flag resembles that of Moldova!

Will do, cheers :-)

In the mean time does anyone know what body would govern shops providing third party courier services at retail ?

Just had another email from them. These guys are having a laugh.