style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been visited from an estate agent who sent me a letter about selling my business (looks like a generic letter sent out to lots)

I rang up and arranged a visit, The chap has just been out valued my business and took some photo's left me with some forms etc to fill in and off he went.

I was looking through the contract and other documentation they require and i have come up with a few problem's. My lease says that I cannot sublet or sell the business to ANY third party. Which means in no uncertain circumstances that I cannot sell the business.

The contract its self looks like a mindfield of problems and if i return it Im asking for a large bill. The contract I have though has big red letters over the top of it saying SELLERS COPY. I do not have a copy to return to them. I didnt sign anything while he was here. He left an envelope etc for me to return things to them within 7 days.

Now here is my Major problem, I goodled this company and 20+ people have been conned by them into contracts the same as i have where they have invoiced them upwards of £1,500 - £4000 for advertisements marketing etc. Obviously this is not what I want. How do I go about telling them this and making sure 100% that they dont 'enter' me into a contract against my will. Some people who have complained about this company have been served CCJ's with contracts and signatures that arnt theres. I didnt sign anything, and my staff can varify this but Im now very worried that the same is going to happen to me.

What can I do? any help and advise would be much appreciate.

If you havent signed a contract for the agent to sell your property then he cant sell it. if your existing lease says that you cannot sell or sublet then you cant, I assume that the lease has to be offered back to the owner of the property. you may find that the person or company that own your headlease may be willing for you to reassign to a person that they approve of.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.