Sex Discrimination??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All,

Im the only female in 6 member team and I have been told by one of my colleague last year that "If I ever become a manager , he will handover his notice immediately". During the recent disciplinary meeting ( http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?344579-Gross-Misconduct&p=3792085#post3792085 ) , I was told this is not Sex discrimination as I have claimed. It is personality conflict as I and individual had issues from the very first.

Ta

I am inclined to agree that this in itself falls short of a clear case of sex discrimination. The statement that your colleague will hand his notice in if you become a manager is on the face of it derived from you becoming a manager, not you being a member of the female sex.

For discrimination to occur you would have to suffer a detriment on the grounds of your sex - for example any promotion might be blocked because of objections on the part of colleagues to you being female, whereas the threat here is that somebody else would resign due to your promotion - whilst the action or threat MIGHT be motivated by your gender, that cannot be proven from the statement itself.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I think this is personality clashes blown out of all proportion by all

the parties.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

it is a worth noting that some of my team members did cause disrepute or they weren't performing well. They weren't disciplined how I have been disciplined. Doesn't it shows sex discrimination?

Infact when I applied for managerial position, I wasnt selected. Though I didnt have the relevant skill set what they were looking for , I informed if I was given relevant training , I will be able to take the job on board.

Yes, I have. In my resignation letter I detailed the discrimination and harassment , I have to go through in the job and raised a grievance. It was in the grievance investigation meeting HR asked me why |I consider being sex discriminated. I gave the example of the comment passed also I informed that other people didnt get suspension when the issues about their conduct and capability is complained. She replied that it is not sex discrimination as I claimed. She also brought in new claim raised by my colleagues which I i didnt say.

ta