Employer credit checks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a outsource company doint Mortgage Admin, the client I work for is a Building Society. They have informed us that we will be subject to annual credit checks as they are FSA registered. I am slightly worried as I have suffered recent financial difficulties and my credit score is low. I have secured arrangements to pay with creditors and one is threatening to default me although I do have arrangement to pay with them as well. No chance of CCJ's or bankruptcy as I am managing fine on payment plan. I have heard there are 2 types of checks - basic which employers and landlords see which in my case is good rating or full check where they will see I am in arrears with arrangements to pay. Does anyone know which type they will carry out ie are they allowed to do full check as they are FSA company? Also I have a joint mortgage with my husband who has never had debt in his life will my rating affect his ability to get credit? Sorry to throw so much at once.

I work for a outsource company doint Mortgage Admin, the client I work for is a Building Society. They have informed us that we will be subject to annual credit checks as they are FSA registered. I am slightly worried as I have suffered recent financial difficulties and my credit score is low. I have secured arrangements to pay with creditors and one is threatening to default me although I do have arrangement to pay with them as well. No chance of CCJ's or bankruptcy as I am managing fine on payment plan. I have heard there are 2 types of checks - basic which employers and landlords see which in my case is good rating or full check where they will see I am in arrears with arrangements to pay. Does anyone know which type they will carry out ie are they allowed to do full check as they are FSA company? Also I have a joint mortgage with my husband who has never had debt in his life will my rating affect his ability to get credit? Sorry to throw so much at once.

It depends entirely on comapny's policy.

I work for a major insurance company in a sensitive area, and their check only consists of making sure there aren't any unsatisfied judgments against me.

Other companies will insist on a full search. But even then, they're just making sure that your debts are within your means and aren't likely to be a risk to the company.

I would just perhaps contact the HR department and ask to see what their policy is.