• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Log Book Loans - nightmare,. now got my car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am new to the group and I am here as a result of a very distressing incident re mobile money.

I stupidly in desperation took out a log book loan n feb as i needed money fast prior to a lump sum coming in and have a poor credit rating.

The loan was secured against my vehicle.

I repeatedly asked the Liverpool branch for a settlement branch and gave them dates of the likely repayment in full.

They ignored my requests.

I kept getting texts phone calls and emails telling me how out of order i was and i had to pay.

I spoke with their management compliancy manager who confirmed that he could get a settlement figure out to me and we agreed that it would be paid within a 28 day period.

My funds didnt come through in time!!!

i made an interim payment to stop their actions escalating as they were leaving messages constantly

and I kept the compliancy manager informed and gave him revised dates .

I asked for an updated settlement figure and confirmed the conclusion by 3rd May.

They wanted a scan to show i had received money into my acount which i didnt have the facility to do.

The day 8 am sat morn after i had a text stating my agreement had been cancelled by default and that they were taking action ti recover the vehicle.

I emailed compliancy manager who confirmed in email that the text had 'been issued in error' and that the agreement was still in place.

I requested a new settlement figure as the previous one was out of date and heard nothing, 6 days later guys were on my drive

8 hours before my money cleared two bald head stocky tatooed guys turned up on my drive.

When i opened the door to them my car had been clamped my vehicle is kept on my private property.

They told me they had come to recover the vehicle and that i could do it the easy way and give them the key or the hard way

and they would call a tow truck and add £250 to the bill.

I asked what paperwork they had to recover the vehicle and they said they didnt need any paperwork.

They showed me a corner aa piece of paper stating default 20th april - which relates to the the text message incident.

I went to speak to their compliancy manager who wasnt available but spoke to a very unpleasant man called simon greave

- he stated that if i could pay them the balance they now demanded the car would be left,

had to ask him the figure because i hadnt been advised and the figure quoted was significantly higher than the previous settlement figure .

My son offered to pay then on the basis that cleared sums would be available the day after.

They refused to take his credit card payment.

He offered to go to his nearest bank and pay money over the counter - my son lives away and is working

- he left work and was in a city centre bank lunch queue when the phone started ringing and the guys were hamering on the door.

The md stated i was messing them around and they had better things to do than wait for my son to pay

and that if he concluded the business the vehicle would be available for collection in liverpool

The guys at the door told me if the money not paid in two minutes a tow truck would be called and the cost of removal had escalated to £400

Th local police were unable to attend but heard through my phone part of their dialogue.

Their advice was to hand over the spare key as i was clearly being intimidated with a threat of things becoming unpleasant - this company already had the main key!

I gave them the key they wouldnt give me a receipt

what do i do now?

Hi Caz,

Duplicate posts removed.

You should get help here soon. Take some time to read up on the subject on other threads here.

:wink:

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Caz,

These are a few things you need to take note of:

1. Was the repo agents registered with the SIA? did you get a reciept?

2. How long did they clamp the car for?

3. How much arrears were you in before the repossession?

4. Has the car now been removed?

5. Where is the car now?

6. You need to get yourself to court, and get an exparte injuction to stop the sale of the car.

please respond so i can help you further.

regards

IMS

I repeatedly asked the Liverpool branch for a settlement branch and gave them dates of the likely repayment in full.

They ignored my requests

Does this mesn you made no payments?

I kept getting texts phone calls and emails telling me how out of order i was and i had to pay.

I spoke with their management compliancy manager who confirmed that he could get a settlement figure out to me and we agreed that it would be paid within a 28 day period.

Keep these they may be important later

i made an interim payment to stop their actions escalating as they were leaving messages constantly

How much did you pay in relation to the arreas?

The day 8 am sat morn after i had a text stating my agreement had been cancelled by default and that they were taking action ti recover the vehicle.

I emailed compliancy manager who confirmed in email that the text had 'been issued in error' and that the agreement was still in place.

What day? keep the email confirming termination had been cancelled!

8 hours before my money cleared two bald head stocky tatooed guys turned up on my drive.

Did these persons offer you SIA registration card? Did they offer to prove who they were?

I asked what paperwork they had to recover the vehicle and they said they didnt need any paperwork.

They showed me a corner aa piece of paper stating default 20th april - which relates to the the text message incident

So they refused to offer paperwork proving that you were in default of they had legal entitlement to the car?

My son offered to pay then on the basis that cleared sums would be available the day after.

They refused to take his credit card payment

Your son offered payment there and then? to who? the repo agents or the lender? and they REFUSED payment?

The guys at the door told me if the money not paid in two minutes a tow truck would be called and the cost of removal had escalated to £400

They cannot charge you £400 for removing a car you have offered payment on?

Their advice was to hand over the spare key as i was clearly being intimidated with a threat of things becoming unpleasant - this company already had the main key!

Police are not civil law trained, they had no right to offer legal assistance and inform you that you should hand over your key to an unknow party at the door, who may or may not have illegally clamped your car!! this is outrage.

They refused to give you a reciept?

They ignored my requests

Does this mesn you made no payments? one payment arrears was due to be paid day after copy of bank receipt offered to them

Keep these they may be important laterok

How much did you pay in relation to the arreas?arrears 660 paid £330 + late fee 12 next payment and months installment due the day after

What day? keep the email confirming termination had been cancelled!text came in sat email monday

Did these persons offer you SIA registration card? Did they offer to prove who they were?no id shown they said they didnt have to show me anything

They showed me a corner aa piece of paper stating default 20th april - which relates to the the text message incident

So they refused to offer paperwork proving that you were in default of they had legal entitlement to the car?they said they didnt have to

They refused to take his credit card payment

Your son offered payment there and then? to who? the repo agents or the lender? and they REFUSED payment?my son is working away in manchester he offered to phone head office and pay via credit card - they refused that so he said he would walk to the local branch they hold an account with - whilst he was in the lunchtime que trying to pay them the calls/banging on door started saying my time was up i was messing them around

They cannot charge you £400 for removing a car you have offered payment on?they did

Police are not civil law trained, they had no right to offer legal assistance and inform you that you should hand over your key to an unknow party at the door, who may or may not have illegally clamped your car!! this is outrage.

They refused to give you a reciept?

whe i asked they gave me a blank business card and sid thats where your car is

Hi

thank you for your help

They didint show Id i asked they said they dont have to show me anything ' whos been filling your head with this rubbish'

I asked for copies of paperwork they said they didnt have to show it to me

£330

yes they took the car

when they took the car i asked for a receipt and was given a business card they said thats were my car is - i am in rural wales the address on the card liverpool

will try to get to court im guessing its too late

This situation does not improve...have taken the forms to the court - The court say i need to check which office the injunction needs serving on - i live in rural wales and they 'think' informally i need to serve an injunction to the court relevant to the reg office - all the paperwork from this company come from 2 different address liverpool and birmingham.

consumer legal advice cannot advise as i dont qualify for legal aid..and cab not open til thursday

anyone have any advice

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry had no internet for the lastw eek.

The heraing is to assess the contract and security agreement if one as in place.

i served the notice to mobile money - havent had a response, however i have now received 2 default sum notifications in last week for the cost of vehicle removal of £122.00

what do i do?

Could any other customers of MOBILE MONEY check their original paperwork to see whether they were issued with a specific slip of paper regarding repossession of vehicle , which they 'state' was issued at point of loan agreement -although i had no sight, copy or explanation of this, until last week - has this happened to anyone else?

i dont know if this helps anyone but the License details for Mobile Money who also trade as :moneyinminutes.co.uk / log book lenders / same day cash loans is below:

Slide2.jpgpencil.png

Slide1.jpg

Re Bill of Sale

i now have finally ! a copy of the bill of sale its really hard to read its been so badly copied ??? it looks like the 'witness' was one of the two guys who took the car and gave me his business card as a receipt he is an employee of mobile money

Just over £4000 vehicle worth £6500 - i finally received a SAR with a copy of their defence which includes a statement of costs for every call email text etc

issued 18th Nay car sold 26th may

I should have a hearing this afternoon but feel this now needs to be postponed to take further legal advice-

can i postpone the hearing ?

You still need to attend -You should ask the judge for an adjournment based on this new evidence - as they have now sold the car they are in breach of that court order.

You will now be seeking to make a claim against MM for the loss of your vehicle and breach of the Court Order.

You can also claim back all the charges they have added for letters/phone calls etc.

You realy must complain about this to the Office of Fair Trading - they are seriously out of order.

How much was the outstanding debt?

Edited by dadofholly