WARM HOME DISCOUNT - Please Check your Energy Supplier

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers

Been asked by Site Team to post this in here as well as in the Utilities Forum.

Thought i would mention this issue with Warm Home Discount after a friend who is disabled had been having a dispute as such about their Priority Service Register for 2yrs and ended up complaining.

Well the upshot of it was he got placed on this PSR and interestingly was asked this time about the warm home discount to which his rely was that everytime he asks about this they always say to much income not entitled to it.

Well they insisted in going through the application and due to changes to this discount there is now the NEW BROADER GROUP which is different with each energy supplier. They went throught the application and it ends up he if fully entitled to the Warm Home Discount for 2012-2013 but was also entilted to it for 2010-2011, but as he didnt apply it cant get backdated as he actually needs to apply for this.

Please Please Please everyone that reads this you do not have to be of pension age for this discount and yes there is a certain entitlement to get this but now the BROADER GROUP has been added people that werent entilted to this may now be entitled.

You will need to check with your own energy supplier as the rules for the BROADER GROUP differ substantially with each energy supplier.

It just amazes me that something like this could be kept so quiet.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for this stu. Will also arrange for this to be highlighted in the CAG newsletter :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

E.on do not include anyone in receipt of the wrag or support group elements in their eligibility criteria for the warm home discount scheme.

Source http://www.eonenergy.com/At-Home/ExistingCustomers/Warm-Home-Discount.htm

And I just happen to be with E.on:sad:

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

"A person who receives Income-related Employment and Support Allowance which includes a work-related activity or support component

and a) has a child under the age of 5 who lives with them.

or b) receives any one of the following in addition to Employment and Support Allowance - child tax credit which includes a disability or severe disability element; - a disabled child premium; - a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium; - a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium."

I don't have kids or receive any disability premiums so that is me out.

We found the same for on parents - although my mum receives both care and mobility components of DLA for life, because she doesn't get income support or pension credits, they're not entitled to anything.

Nor do they qualify for the warm front scheme because receipt of DLA alone is no longer allowed for them to benefit - even though their boiler has broken and they can't afford to get it fixed!!

Feebee_71

Frankly all this is disgraceful, anyone on benefits should be entitled to the discount, the utility companies are quick off the mark when it comes to increasing prices, even people on average wages struggle to meet these bills, what chance does anyone stand on sub poverty level incomes?

I find it outrageous that in this day and age the disadvantaged in our society have to face the stark choice between eating properly or keeping warm.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

There is more to this 'scheme'

The current year applications start in April and they only allow a certain number of applicant. Once the numbers are there, they close the scheme for any further applicants whether or not you qualify.

This is a scandal!

I moved house last year and the existing electricity company was E-on. I applied for the WHD as I do qualify and my application was processed on the phone but I heard nothing.

I changed supplier to Southern Electric in February. They advised me to contact E-on which I did. They said that as I changed supplier, my application ceased with it!

I couldn't apply to SE (at the time) because they had closed the application process to new applicants. I have now reapplied for this years scheme but with no guarantee that I will be accepted.

I qualify. Simple as that.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE