Advice needed on how to tackle these Idots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Back in 2007/08 I got myself into a bit of debt, around 22k worth.

Ever since then I set up a DMP with the CCCS which collapsed exactly a year ago when the house we were living in got repossessed (not my house thankfully)

We then moved to another house which got repossessed in Jan this year (Again landlord not keeping up with payments).

we are now in a decent house with a beautiful baby boy and I now feel ready to fight my way out of this mess once and for all.

I'd lost contact with all my creditors after the two house moves so I stuck myself on the electoral roll and waited for the letters to roll in, and this week I've had my first two:

Apex Credit Management for Lloyds TSB credit card

Debt Outstanding: £3583.15

Seems like they have been trying to find me for a while as the first letter is the bog standard "Get in contact now or we will send a nasty man round to speak to you" letter.

Now unfortunately I don't have any paperwork relating to this account but what I do know is that the balance outstanding is way more than the limit of the card.

I never spent over the limit which was around £3000.

I'm just trying to figure out what letter I should send and to whom?

Do I admit the debt or not?

I should point out that there is only there silly reference number on it no details of what the debt was or any account details.

Debt Managers Ltd for Lloyds TSB Overdraft

Debt Outstanding £6144.29

Again just your standard please get in contact with us letter, there are no account details on the letter just details of how to pay.

Now I know for a fact that the limit was £5000 so it would appear that there are a significant amount of charges added to this balance, is it possible to dispute them?

I accept that these are my debts but the balances are wrong,

could anyone advise which letters to send and to whom?

Do I offer token payments in the letters I send?

Or do I offer them pro-rata payments that the CCCS where suggesting.

Luckily they do not have my phone number so I am not receiving calls.

Many thanks

Dan

Personally...i would ignore..

But if you are really worried about it...SAR the original creditor...to find all the unlawful charges, PPI etc...

Then work out if you owe them or they really owe you.

( others will be along to help soon i am sure )

Regards,

Stormski

Think I would play a longer game. Wait for more letters and then send CCA request for credit card. Enter into disputes about charges with the original creditor and send copies of letter to the DCA's. While the accounts are in dispute with the original creditor about charges, they will have to put collection on hold.

Then once you have established what is owing, you can them make affordable repayment offer based on current financial position.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

agreed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, this is a draft you can use and add the details

send it to the Compliance Manager at each of the

DCAs.

Ref:xxxxxxxx xx

Dear Sir or Madam,

I write in response to your letter dated xxxxxx in regard to a debt

for £xxxxxx you allege is owed by me, please take

note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company you

may claim to represent.

I am unable to reconcile the figures to any account I hold currently

of have held in the past and therefore cannot enter into further correspondence

with your company and I now consider the matter closed.

recorded delivery so you can trace receipt.

This may shut them up or bring out more details of the debts.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice, I think I will hold out and see what else I get. Before I moved and stop paying anything the debts where on the DCA merry go round. I don't understand the logic in this process. The letters get more and more aggresive then you get the "As you have not responded we are passing the account back to our client" letter. It goes quiet for a couple of weeks then it starts all over again? Some of the debts have been to the same DCA twice, Lloyds appear to like Wescott?

Many thanks for the advice

Dan

Hi guys,

Its been very quiet since my last post however

today I received what I thought was a pay slip from work which turned out to be an "appointment notice" from Debt Managers

and I quote: "This is to confirm I will be calling at your address between 5:30pm and 7:30pm to discuss repayment of the above account,

if this is not convenient please contact Mr Whyte on xxxxxx, Regards Mr Scott"

Surely this has to be a wind up, coming from Scotland is a long way?

The names don't sound particularly convincing either?

I don't have an issue with people knocking on the door only to be turned away

but my Fiance is worried they will come when i'm at work and she is at home with an 8 week old baby?

Appreciate they have not legal powers but I refuse to communicate with these Idiots.

Many thanks

Dan

This will be a local commission paid ''negotiator''

you do not have to entertain any contact and order

he/she/it to leave your property, these people have

no authority and no power, in this case there is no

appointment beacuse you have not agreed to it.

Just ignore it all.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks!, I have just noticed that there is no date stated on which he is coming round just a time? Although the letter is dated 11th May that was nearly a week ago and its turned up today.

Thanks

Dan

Hi guys,

Its been very quiet since my last post however today I received what I thought was a pay slip from work which turned out to be an "appointment notice" from Debt Managers and I quote: "This is to confirm I will be calling at your address between 5:30pm and 7:30pm to discuss repayment of the above account, if this is not convenient please contact Mr Whyte on xxxxxx, Regards Mr Scott"

Surely this has to be a wind up, coming from Scotland is a long way? The names don't sound particularly convincing either? I don't have an issue with people knocking on the door only to be turned away but my Fiance is worried they will come when i'm at work and she is at home with an 8 week old baby? Appreciate they have not legal powers but I refuse to communicate with these Idiots.

Many thanks

Dan

Calling at your address - seen this wording before, it was reported as a telephone call to the address (Calling)??

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Calling at your address - seen this wording before, it was reported as a telephone call to the address (Calling)??

Hi mike I think your right, I reread the letter and it doesn't mention anything about visiting just calling. Should be interesting they don't have my phone number.

Thanks

Dan

Hi mike I think your right, I reread the letter and it doesn't mention anything about visiting just calling. Should be interesting they don't have my phone number.

Thanks

Dan

Another threatogram template - we will see???

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Thanks!, I have just noticed that there is no date stated on which he is coming round just a time? Although the letter is dated 11th May that was nearly a week ago and its turned up today.

Thanks

Dan

I suspect that this was Power to Contact ( P2C)

I suspect that this was Power to Contact ( P2C)

Fortunately not, it was very similar to their letter but normally with them you get the 72hr notice letter, well at least you did when they were after my parents. Either way no one came round and no one rang, bit difficult without a phone number I guess.

On saturday I got a letter from "HL Solicitors" which turned out to be "HL Legal" which I did a fair bit of reading on. I gather that these guys are your standard threat for hire akin to "Russell and Aitkin" and "Midas Legal Services"?

I wonder if someone could explain to me at what point this is going to get serious, most of my accounts defaulted in 2008 when my parents house got repossessed and I was forced to move out? Theres been plenty of threats but at what point will they go for CCJ's?

I know that at some point I need to pay these debts off but I don't see the point anymore in using the CCCS as they are not flexible enough when you are in dispute with a DCA or do not know who to pay. They just want you to pay a pro-rata amount no matter what? I just feel a bit lost with where to go next.

Many thanks

Dan

Hi Bombay

If you want to fight back, find out if you've have been Mis - sold PPI on any of your accounts, if so claim it back with interest. You can calm back over 6 years plus with interest. Find out if you've had Penalty Charges added to your account, claim them back over 6 years plus with interest.

If you haven't got statements, send them a SAR request. Letters and Templates can be found on this site.

Read 1,2,3 and 7 in my signature.