My bankruptcy - 11 months in, 1 month to go!1 advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4345 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I think this is my first post since 2008, so its been a while, but im returning as this site helped me reclaim so many bank charges many years ago.

I am 11 months into my bankruptcy so will get automatic discharge next month

I made myself bankrupt, after losing my house, negative equity etc etc, so in total my unsecured debt was ........87K!!!

alot i know but that is neither here nor there. i wont bore everyone with the background lol

So i am now going through my credit file, and preparing in advance to write to all the companys to ensure that the default date is not after my date of bankruptcy and that the accounts are all marked as settled/part settled etc.

im not going to send the letters until my discharge but have some spare time on my hands so thought i would be super efficient!!

Most of my debts are pre 2008 so all the default dates are 2008/07 so i dont really have to worry about that element too much,

Cabot Financial are still reporting that i am in default, but the balance owing goes up every month as it appears they are adding interest?? this isnt right as the default was 2008, the bankruptcy 06/2011 so i thought tat they would not be able to add anything else to the balance from 2011

also First response finance have a ccj against me, from reading extensily i understand that the CCJ will never be marked as satisfied, it will just come off after the 6 years so in 3 years time. but as it is still a defaulted account as well as a ccj, can they remove default? or mark default as satified? as the default will come off in 2 years

northern rock removed there default, but i have the ccj from them for the charging order still

ge money have no balance owing for my mortgage just have it as satifactory now, i owed them 80K???

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

Were all the above included in the B/R ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

so i will just write to them, and enclose my bankruptcy papers. showing they were included

my credit file----ruined i know, but was showing a positive tat i had had no recent lte payments, because of cabot, it states that its showing a recent increase in late payments and increased balance owing, should they amend this as by rights my debt liability ended date of bankruptcy???

i think they get fed up with me calling lol,

I had 4 sheets of debts when i applied for B/R and the office administror at the OR didnt photocopy all of them, so when they wrote out informing all about my BR, the missed off 10 creditors, because of this i had various people chasing me still, it was only in feb this year that they discovered what had happened after many phone calls, me photocopying my original petition and sending it on to the OR, etc, so then eventually they wrote our again.

I want to get all this sorted before my discharge, so i can move on with my life, and one day be in postition to buy a house. apart from teh BR, im actually extreemley good with money now - its like a side effect of this lol

It is good that you are going to be able to start with a clean sheet, eventually.

But do speak to your BR advisor as suggested above :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D