Unplanned Overdraft Charges

TSx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question, before I ring LTSB tomorrow.

I've had an account with them for a few years and never had any problems with charges, but at the end of January had some problems and went into an unplanned overdraft. They won't give me a planned overdraft (fair enough) but were happy enough to authorise an unplanned one, with all the fees that go with it.

On the 20th of January, I went overdrawn by £74.99

I repaid all of this on the 17th of February.

Over the 27th-29th of February, they again allowed me to go overdrawn by £50

On the 1st of March, they pushed my account to £134.14 overdrawn because of the added charges. I naively assumed these were charges from January and February

I then paid in the money to cover all this on the 19th of March

On the 1st of April, they charged me again taking me overdrawn by £87.91 - I repaid this the following day

I had assumed (wrongly as it turns out) that the charges on the 1st of March were for Jan & Feb, and the charges on 1st of April were for March. I have today (yesterday actually) been charged another £95.95 which I now realise is for March.

I don't have the funds to pay this off until the 19th, so it means again next month getting almost £100 of charges.

Is there any chance they'll either write off these fees based on my misunderstanding, or even just freeze the charges so I can get myself back into a decent position? I also think it's incredibly unfair they decline me an overdraft of £50.00 but then allow me an unplanned overdraft of £49.99 which has now cost me £271 approx (plus the further cost of charges to follow next month).