Unplanned Overdraft Charges

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3189 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a quick question, before I ring LTSB tomorrow.

I've had an account with them for a few years and never had any problems with charges, but at the end of January had some problems and went into an unplanned overdraft. They won't give me a planned overdraft (fair enough) but were happy enough to authorise an unplanned one, with all the fees that go with it.

On the 20th of January, I went overdrawn by £74.99

I repaid all of this on the 17th of February.

Over the 27th-29th of February, they again allowed me to go overdrawn by £50

On the 1st of March, they pushed my account to £134.14 overdrawn because of the added charges. I naively assumed these were charges from January and February

I then paid in the money to cover all this on the 19th of March

On the 1st of April, they charged me again taking me overdrawn by £87.91 - I repaid this the following day

I had assumed (wrongly as it turns out) that the charges on the 1st of March were for Jan & Feb, and the charges on 1st of April were for March. I have today (yesterday actually) been charged another £95.95 which I now realise is for March.

I don't have the funds to pay this off until the 19th, so it means again next month getting almost £100 of charges.

Is there any chance they'll either write off these fees based on my misunderstanding, or even just freeze the charges so I can get myself back into a decent position? I also think it's incredibly unfair they decline me an overdraft of £50.00 but then allow me an unplanned overdraft of £49.99 which has now cost me £271 approx (plus the further cost of charges to follow next month).