the sick cost of cuts to benefits

debt4get
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's shocking. I hope the Con-Dems get a real kicking in the local polls for this. And it could get worse, a BBC article quotes that in the March budget statement Osbourne suggested he'd need to pencil in additional welfare cuts of 10 billion in 2015 (on top of the expected 18 billion cuts being implemented between now and 2014) if other public spending was to be protected.

I;m confused, it does say people that genuinely are too sick will be in the support group & benefits won't be affected?

It doesn't work like that. I have friends who have been disabled from birth and will always be disabled, put into the WRAG.

I;m confused, it does say people that genuinely are too sick will be in the support group & benefits won't be affected?

That's a lie aswell, I am in that group but have to be reassessed every couple of years. I have a degenerative heart condition that is only going to get worse. If the worry of that is no enough I am going to lose my means of getting about and care with the replacement of DLA (unless they repent).

Don't forget that being blind or in a wheelchair is no longer considered a disability, and with the introduction of PIP will no longer considered as a barrier to getting about.

And if you're to ill to get any direct benefit you'll get nothing; if you are to ill to get out of bed to say go to the park and enjoy watching the ducks, it will be deemed that you are no longer entitled to help for your carers to enable them to help you.

I have just read this. It absolutely outrageous!!

How far is all this going to go? !

There really isnt words for it all.

Well none printable anyway.

My mums on this at the moment she has A.S ( disease of the spine) which there is no cure and it is progressivley getting worse.

As well as getting over cancer for the second time. And other heath problems. Up untill about 4yrs ago, has always worked and paid her dues and this is how she & everyone gets treated ?? Disgusting. Makes my blood boil.

Sorry for the rant :oops:

it is going to get worse and i believe a lot worse before it gets better even if it ever does...we the sick have been vilified in the press by this so called government..we are scroungers...we dont deserve YOUR money..they seem to forget that a lot of us have bloody well paid into the system for decades...and what sign of a civilised society are we? when we cannot look after our sick, ill, and disabled...this idea that people can suddenly get well after a year is less than laughable...unfortunately I like many others have no idea how to fight back against them...we can only hope that the next general election sees them kicked out of office and a government that cares brought in....at least we can believe that 'we are all in this together'

Yeah, hope is all thats left im thinking.

Ive been forced off esa even though im a victim of dc and clinically depressed. Due to new doctor, depression isnt an illness was told ' get over it ' so have no support for 'medical ' coming up.

Have no choice, still classed as homeless too dont know wot im going to do.

i have nothing to sell and dont own anything. Lap top im using now is a friends !

Absolutley no help for me at all. Cant even get help if i was in a health position to start a business !!

keep hoping..i do feel for you and for everyone else who are having to undergo this farce......know how you feel having just gained null point from ATOS but am going to continue to fight on.....wishing you well...

we can only hope that the next general election sees them kicked out of office and a government that cares brought in
A government that cares, who might that be then, Labour? The party that originally started the welfare reform ball rolling back in 1997, the ConDems are just building on Labours foundations.

That's the three main parties out of the way, so who else have we got then:

UKIP, Nigel Farage who heads up the party is on record as supporting welfare reform (question time 27th April), and whilst denouncing Europe he and the rest of his cronies don't mind taking their salary's and expenses as MEP's

BNP, Non starters as they have zero chance of getting in.

Green Party, Nothing on their website about fighting welfare reform, but some policies are worthy of a vote. Unlikely to get elected though.

And that leaves..................a vacuum.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

keep hoping..i do feel for you and for everyone else who are having to undergo this farce......know how you feel having just gained null point from ATOS but am going to continue to fight on.....wishing you well...

Bless you. Ive been through 1 atos farce scored nothing too ! went to tribunal and won, but with my new doctors attitude, im not going to get any where. So i give up, i'll be back on the diazapan ! I sleep on a bedroom floor have done since i had to leave my now ex husband. Been no help for me due to this.

my jc advisor told me to call them next week and tell them im not going.

But still clinically depressed etc, and even more so now. But theres nothing i can do.

Good luck and wish you well. You keep up the fight :-)

i totally agree but to be honest anyone but this shower would be an improvement....how about chipperfields circus they cant do any worse

Here are the Green Party's policies on social welfare.

They mention their Citizens Income policy as well, but I haven't time to track down more details - basically, I think the idea is for a minimum income for all citizens.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Didn't anyone see this comming?

Why do you think they brought out all that leislation protecting the disabled soldiers; the rest of us are going to get thrown to the wolves.

Didn't they get rid of the DDA and replace it with the equality act. Equal treatment for all with no special treatment for the civilian sick and disabled.

Here are the Green Party's policies on social welfare.

They mention their Citizens Income policy as well, but I haven't time to track down more details - basically, I think the idea is for a minimum income for all citizens.

Good one that. We live in a constitutional monarchy where we are all subjects, that is unless they have ideas of creating a republic.

Good one that. We live in a constitutional monarchy where we are all subjects, that is unless they have ideas of creating a republic.

I suspect the GP would probably be, in principle, in favour of a republic but if I were them I wouldn't spend any political capital on the idea.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

nfortunately I like many others have no idea how to fight back against them.

Which is what they want to happen. You don't appeal, which means you don't cost them money in appeals.

Ironically, some of us (including me) have been / are too ill to fight for sickness benefits. The whole process is just so depressing.

I certainly intend to appeal the more we can cost them doing this the better...the only way they are going to change this stupidity is when it comes to everyones attention how much this farce is actually costing the taxpayer...especially when a large number of appeals are being upheld

A government that cares, who might that be then, Labour? The party that originally started the welfare reform ball rolling back in 1997, the ConDems are just building on Labours foundations.

UKIP, Nigel Farage who heads up the party is on record as supporting welfare reform (question time 27th April), and whilst denouncing Europe he and the rest of his cronies don't mind taking their salary's and expenses as MEP's

BNP, Non starters as they have zero chance of getting in.

Green Party, Nothing on their website about fighting welfare reform, but some policies are worthy of a vote. Unlikely to get elected though.

I was only thinking up there ^ that they're all the same, nothing will change whoever gets in power next. We always think that every time, & yet it actually just gets worse doesn't it. Sorry, a bit doom n gloom that, but....

I think the issue where if you have walking problems but can use a wheelchair is easily as bad as this but seemed to have less of a focus on it, same with blindness. I think especially when people dont have a wheelchair to use and the government can assume they can use one fine (when they havent even got one).

When i discussed this in a telephone call with the DWP they told me that there are plenty of organisations that will supply me with a wheelchair. The salvation army was given as an example. So it seems it's now up to the DWP/ATOS/Job Centre to tell you to use a wheelchair, not your GP, a physiotherapist or consultant.

Now the system has changed and the DWP/ATOS have declared me fit for work, i've been asked by the job centre if i think i'm fit for work, answering honestly i said no. When this has happened in the past, the job centre have said that i'm not fit for work and passed me back to incapacity.

Now i've been told by the job centre if you don't think your fit for work and you don't qualify for ESA because of the six month rule, you are entitled to nothing!

To be put in the position where everything is against you, where you well up and tears start rolling down your cheeks with anger and frustration when your being interviewed by the job centre when your a man is the lowest and i can count on one hand the number of times that i've cried.

Never mind it's to the job club, it will help you get out more or you might end up getting sanctioned and get your money stopped they say. Why can't they understand that the reason i don't go out is because i find it difficult to walk and move about and the pain it causes. If i was fit i would be at work. :-x

Now i've been told by the job centre if you don't think your fit for work and you don't qualify for ESA because of the six month rule, you are entitled to nothing!

You're not the first person in this situation. Quite frankly, it's illogical and disgusting.