• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention if peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now- post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!  Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.  Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.  A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Parking Breaching Tenancy Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on a recent issue which has come up with my landlord. I hope this is in the right area as it is a dispute with a private landlord instigated by the local council.

I am a resident in Loughborough (Charnwod council) living in a block of student flats. I am a PhD student and really require a car as I am currently driving ~100 miles/day.

I have received notice from my landlord that they have been approached by the council regarding parking violations. They have apparently photographed my vehicle parked outside my flats, and on two neighbouring streets.

With regards to the outside flats parking, I did not even think this would be enforced by the local council given its private security firm signs present. In addition to this, I was told by the management that as long as this was after hours, i.e. after 5pm and gone before 9am, he didn’t really mind. I have kept to this and moved it to a street if it was within this time.

With regards to on the street parking, this is in a residential area with no signs or road markings displayed. There are many cars parked here but still plenty of stretches to accommodate more cars, i.e. any resident wouldn’t be parking more than a few metres from his/her house. Certainly not a packed parking area, indeed there are far fewer parked cars than open space. I am a resident of the area as much as anyone else and feel that they are penalising me unfairly.

They allege that I have violated terms of my agreement through parking here. My questions are: -

Can the council actually enforce this through the landlord?

Is this fair and should the accommodation provide parking in some way shape or form?

I look forward to your answers.

Thanks

The tenancy terms: -

1. In addition to the aforementioned terms the Tenant covenants not to bring and or use within the Town of Loughborough any Vehicle which is within their immediate ownership and custody or immediate control unless one of the following exceptions applies:

(a) The Tenant has use of an Identified Parking Space being a parking space agreed by the Landlord in conjunction with Charnwood Borough Council, the location of which has been notified in writing by the Landlord to the Tenant.

(b) The vehicle is only being used for delivery and/or goods belonging to the Tenant at the beginning of this tenancy or the removal of the Tenant’s possessions and/or goods at the end of tenancy.

© The Vehicle falls within the category of Exempt Vehicles.

The email regarding the violation is as follows: -

I am investigating the above allegation which was recently received by the Council. I have photographs in my possession of [make], [registration number], which was parked as follows:

· 16 April 2012 – on [road]

· 21 April 2012 – in the [car park]

· 27 April 2012 – on [road]

The Council has on file a vehicle declaration form signed by [name], a tenant of yours in [address], stating that it is his vehicle and that it will be parked on the university campus when not in use.

[name] has clearly breached his tenancy agreement on the three occasions above. In accordance with clause 3.2.5 of the section 106 agreement, the Council now requires you to take action against [name] to prevent similar breaches occurring in the future and to report what action you have taken within the next fourteen days.

It does seem to me that you are bound by an agreement not to bring a car there, and that you are doing that. I think your landlord is within his/her rights to ask you to stop.

Although it might seem meaningless to make you stop, many residential developments are "car-free" and this is stipulated as a condition of the building being used. Therefore, the landlord is quite possibly risking trouble themselves if they do not enforce that condition on the residents.

This could be why the council is involved. The fact is they have asked the landlord to get you to stop, and I think you will have to, or continue to be in breach of contract with the risks of what might ensue.

It does seem to me that you are bound by an agreement not to bring a car there, and that you are doing that. I think your landlord is within his/her rights to ask you to stop.

Although it might seem meaningless to make you stop, many residential developments are "car-free" and this is stipulated as a condition of the building being used. Therefore, the landlord is quite possibly risking trouble themselves if they do not enforce that condition on the residents.

This could be why the council is involved. The fact is they have asked the landlord to get you to stop, and I think you will have to, or continue to be in breach of contract with the risks of what might ensue.

Id just like to point out there are other cars parked on these roads.

Id just like to point out there are other cars parked on these roads.

And do you know whether those vehicles are also breaching the regulations? For example are any of them permitted due to having an Identified Parking Space, are they exempted under Clause c)?

It may be the case that the keepers of those vehicles have also received similar notices to yours?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If they are in the same situation as you and are parking with impunity (and that's only an "if"), you may well wonder why you have been singled out. Probably some nosey neighbour type has reported it - I don't know. What I do know is that the existence of other cars there does not put you in the right according to the agreement - as far as I can see. Do you see things differently?

And do you know whether those vehicles are also breaching the regulations? For example are any of them permitted due to having an Identified Parking Space, are they exempted under Clause c)?

It may be the case that the keepers of those vehicles have also received similar notices to yours?

I think some are residents of the streets. I am honestly not sure. It seems odd the planning authority would be enforcing it without any signage on what appears to be a public highway.

Edited by neomayemer
Spelling/formatting errors

If they are in the same situation as you and are parking with impunity (and that's only an "if"), you may well wonder why you have been singled out. Probably some nosey neighbour type has reported it - I don't know. What I do know is that the existence of other cars there does not put you in the right according to the agreement - as far as I can see. Do you see things differently?

Do you have any idea why this clause would have been in the terms in the first place? I can see I have broken the contract (although I am not sure they have the paperwork they think they do and it is correctly signed). Is this reasonable though given it would in theory not allow pick up and drop off except at specified points during the year for example.

To be honest I want to know there thinking behind it.Where I work we were told to park in a residential street and there I am glad I am gone before residents come home as it is busy and will likely inconvenience someone, in this situation however, the parking is much sparser.

My guess is that in order to get permission to build or use this building as a student residence, it had to be classified as car-free. Councils do this in order that new residents coming in will not impact on traffic congestion and parking pressures.

If that's right, then there has to be a mechnism to ensure tenants do not bring cars into the area, and in your contract it states "not to bring and or use within the Town of Loughborough any Vehicle..." which smacks of just such a scheme.

You could ask the landlord/council what the rationale is, but I'll bet that's the answer.

The thing is there is a carpark with easily 10 spaces, maybe more at a push. It sits empty. Is there any chance they could be encouraged to give or sell permits?

Edited by neomayemer

There's more to it than you having a permit. The contract is worded so that you can't have a car at all - it's not merely a parking issue. It's the terms of the contract which are your main hurdle.