Vodafone charging £100 for repair to phone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Im hoping someone is able to help me with this as I feel genuinely aggrieved with regards to the way I have been treated by Vodafone, I shall try to keep this as pithy as possible;

on Wednesday 18th April I called vodafone and informed them that the new phone I had just entered into a 24 month contract with was malfunctioning, at first it was refusing to display any video playback and then there was no visual display at all, just a blank screen, I was informed that I could either take the phone into a vodafone store or send it by post. I told the operative it was difficult for me to get into town as I am disabled and asked could a courier pick my phone up and give me a replacement whilst it was being repaired (as Orange do) The Vodafone operative said they could only send me box to put the phone in and I would have to send it by post myself. I was informed that the repair would take 7 working days maximum.

On the seventh day I phoned Vodafone and was told to phone again in 3 days time. Three days later I phoned and was informed that Vodafone had been trying to contact me all week!? They then told me that the repairs team had discovered that the reason for the blank screen was an internal cracked screen that could not be seen upon an external examination and that the only cause of this would be either: the phone had been under strain or that I had dropped it and that neither are covered under manufacture warranty and that the repair would be £100 as I did not have insurance.

I explained that I completely refuted the assertion that I had dropped or damaged my phone in any way as I had a padded leather case protecting it and it had not been out of my sight since getting it.

I was then told that they could either send it back to me or repair it and charge me £100. I explained that I did not want a phone that was not working to be sent back and felt I had no choice but to pay the £100, I told the operative to make a note however that I was paying the money 'under dispute'

It seems that vodafone would be able to get any phone that is sent to the repair centre and just say 'oh its internal damage that you must have done, thats £100 please.' I have been with Vodafone for 14 years and never once sent a phone in for repair, to add insult to injury they have said that the phone wont be ready for another week and all the while im paying for a monthly contract which I am not using, I know this is only a small problem in the greater scheme of things but it is stressing me out and I feel it's so unfair when massive companies like vodafone just show so little consideration, (they are effectively calling me a liar!) I would be greatful for any help and advice.

additional info:

If there was an internal crack the only thing I can think of is that it was damaged in transit as the box they sent was too small for the phone to fit. I am aware that vodafone record all calls would the fact that I asked a courier to call and collect mean that they would have first had to examine it?

Thanks very much

Stephen.

Hi dookie

Welcome to CAG

To enable Vodafone to get your concerns over this together with the additional ones raised over the level of service you've recently received from us could you email Vodafone with your details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure that it reaches Vodafone could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Web Relations Team

vodafonelink3.gif UK

• Haha 1

What steps have Vodaphone taken to prove that this happened after you bought the phone and not before?

Whilst phones are not extra-tough, most are capable of not breaking most times when dropped (mine never has), I sometimes wonder if those that do break have an undetected fault from manufacture or delivery

Hi thanks for the advice, Vodafone have said they will contact me in 48hrs. I have been reading some threads and it seems like the web response team may help me get a positive outcome I'll keep people posted

What steps have Vodaphone taken to prove that this happened after you bought the phone and not before?

Whilst phones are not extra-tough, most are capable of not breaking most times when dropped (mine never has), I sometimes wonder if those that do break have an undetected fault from manufacture or delivery

WRT 135-CAG reference no [#8954378]

Hi dookie,

Thanks for raising your concerns with me as suggested by rebel.

I can confirm that I've now got your email and so please be assured that I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread please note that our email code doesn't have a space between T and 1. In the event that you do insert a space then your email will not be routed through the Web Relations Team and so it's important that you make me aware of your email reference number to enable me to locate it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK