• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA - reclaiming charges older than 6 years

Madge67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive started a new thread for this part of my claim.

I have made a claim for unfair charges in respect of my MBNA card (ex A&L). They have paid out for charges plus interest for charges from Oct 2005 onwards but have refused any older than this.

I am about to start a claim through court for these charges based on section 32 of the limitations act. Im sure I will have lots of questions along the way.

First one is - Is my claim with MBNA and not A&L. MBNA provided cards for A&L later on down the line so i just need to be sure who i make my claim against.

Second one is - In the POC on the N1 form, I notice that others type out the agreement. I only have an agreement they sent out with the SAR which certainly isnt the original. Im not sure what to do if I havent got a copy of the orignal one.

Thanks

Madge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi folks I could really do with a bit of help please guys

Ive almost completed my POC but I havent got the original agreement which was with A&L so am struggling with schedule 1. In my SAR MBNA send one that was obviously made up (it had £12.00 for the charges and I was charges 20.00 and 25.00 originally until they reduced to 12.00 in 2006ish). Should I therefore put the relevant parts in from the schedule I have and put a note that this is not the original agreement.

This is the only thing i am stuck on! If I upload it can someone scan over it to see if it looks ok please.

Madge

• 1 month later...

Ive heard not a bean since sending my claim off on 8th May - I sent it to the processing team at Salford but cannot for the life of me find a telephone number to contact them arghhhh - this is so frustrating.

Can anyone help please

Madge

Ive heard not a bean since sending my claim off on 8th May - I sent it to the processing team at Salford but cannot for the life of me find a telephone number to contact them arghhhh - this is so frustrating.

Can anyone help please

Madge

Hi Madge,

Did you send it via Recorded/Special Delivery?

And also to this address:

County Court Money Claims Centre

PO Box 527

Salford

M5 0BY

Tel No. 0300 123 1372

Hope this helps, good luck with the claim!

I did Dude, and it shows it was signed for on 9th May. grrrrrr - the chq hasnt been cashed either.

I have, at last just managed to speak to someone so thanks for the number mate, I realy appreciate it

They are scratching their heads over there as to what could have happened to my claim and are now looking into it as we speak so I just need to wait......again. So blumin frustrating, why cant people just do their jobs right these days.

Thanks again Dude and i'll let you know what they say

Madge

OMG they have admitted that have lost it. How bad is that????? All they said was 'very sorry but you will have to send it again' arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OMG they have admitted that have lost it. How bad is that????? All they said was 'very sorry but you will have to send it again' arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ah, what a nightmare!

More printing for you then mate :|

I guess the best thing to come out of this, is that your claim has now gone up a few £'s.

:madgrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my days, I am in despair of these monkeys. I posted my claim form off again and....they returned it stating no payment enclosed - Guess what...It was enclosed. Can you beleive how cr$p this service is?

Now ive got to send it in yet again and canx both of the cheques i have previously sent - Gosh Im so angry with them.

Maybe someone is trying warn me against all of this eh?

Madge

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Houston - we have lift off. Finally, I have recd a 'notice of issue from the court (yesterday). MBNA now have until 25th July to reply......oooooh 13 days to go.

Ill keep you all posted on this - get a bit of jelly belly when i think too hard about it but i know you guys will hold my hand if needed and Im sure i will. DOH!

Ill be back my friends to update as and when

luv y'all

Madge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oooh yes I received their defense last Friday but havent had time to look at it properly yet (been on holiday this week) I havent reced the forms from the court though. I'd have thought they would be here by now.

I will have a really good look this weekend at the defence and see what they say.

Hows things with you MP?

Hi everyone, well here is my POC first and their defence will follow on the next post

Can somebody cast an eye over it to see if there is anything that sticks out please. Ive had a olook myself and cant really see anything specific. Im going to compare it to some others on here to see if it looks like a bog standard defence.

I havent recd the AQ form yet from the court but I would like to start thinking about my court bundle and draft directions asap.

Feeling a bit nervous right now but still want to see this through

Cheers

Madge

POCpage3.jpg

POCpage1.jpg

POCpage2.jpg

Defence2.jpg

Defence3.jpg

Hi Madge - looking in as requested.

I am more au-fait with Barclaycard cases so I'm not the best person to comment on your case here with MBNA.

However, I can say that the defence looks pretty standard and nothing to worry about.

You now need to be researching your next steps with regard to your AQ and putting your court bundle together.

The AQ is pretty simple and there's an Article in the Library on this.

The court bundle is a lengthy doc't and you need to start putting the components of it together in a file, so you have it ready to print off, File and Serve if/when necessary.

Reading other MBNA successfully claims will be your best guide.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick, thanks so much for your advice.

Even though you know more about Barclays cases, I do appreciate your thoughts especially on the defence. To be honest I couldnt really find much on MBNA cases so I have struggled to find anything to compare with or even refer to.

Thanks again

Madge