Halifax Credit Card Closed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, I have recieved a letter today saying that Halifax have reviewed my account and that they need to close it down. It says they will be closing it down in two months time and if I owe on it (which I do) I will have to go in the bank and sort something out. I want to write a letter for a repayment plan do you think they will except it? And will I have to fill out a income and expenditure form? Anyone have any ideas please x thankyou

I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to assist them by visiting the bank. Send them a recorded delivery letter setting out how much per month you can afford, and don't make it too much.

No you don't have to send an income and expenditure sheet, it's none of their business.

How much is owed ??

Whatever you can afford (£25/£50), tell them you can afford xx per month as long as they stop adding any further interest. See what they come back with.

If you can afford a lump sum, then also ask for a full and final and see what they are offering.

Have you had any charges? is there PPI on it? if so, claiming these will probably wipe out what is owed, so yes, but I would go for an sar (£10) rather than the agreement. Lack of an agreement is not being taken as no agreement or no payment required until they can produce one any longer. In fact some courts have said that the monthly payment is proof enough there was an agreement.

Go for the sar and then you can tot up all the charges you have paid and claim them back.