another broken yellow lines request please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Been searching the forums for a definitive answer for my parking fine but struggling to find an answer. I had parked on what I generally believed to be on an abandoned yellow line on the outskirts of Birmingham City Center.

The line is barely visible, very broken and has no t-bar (picture attached).

They have said that I was parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. If you think they are right then I will take it on the chin and pay the £70.

Just looking for the perfect wording to reply to the councils decision that this is indeed a solid yellow line and clearly visible.

Thanks in advance...

DSC_0505.jpg

Cheers Sailor Sam,

No to the controlled zone. Certainly no signs restricting parking during certain times on the road. So are you simply saying I just say "the line is indistinguishable as a yellow line"?

Cheers Sailor Sam,

No to the controlled zone. Certainly no signs restricting parking during certain times on the road. So are you simply saying I just say "the line is indistinguishable as a yellow line"?

Yes but I would add due to it's poor condition and enclose a copy of the pic. I'm just wondering though that the pic shows a parking bay just further down... can you give us the location so we can see what it looks like on Street View?

Hi all and thank for your advice.

The parking location is outside a boarded up old warehouse, there are parking bays along the street but they were full. I was not on a corner, not blocking any drive or leaving my car in a dangerous place.

Seems a little harsh of the council considering the disrepair of the markings.

Hi all and thank for your advice.

The parking location is outside a boarded up old warehouse, there are parking bays along the street but they were full. I was not on a corner, not blocking any drive or leaving my car in a dangerous place.

Seems a little harsh of the council considering the disrepair of the markings.

Well that narrows it down a bit! There can't be many of those in Birmingham! Can you be a bit more specific like giving us the name of the street as per on the PCN?

I think you will find it is a controlled zone hence the pay and display parking. Although I note there arn't any signs at the beginning of the street from what I can see on Street View. Worth appealing though due to the condition of the DYLs.

I am going with this:

When I parked my car, no single or double yellow line were visible. I approached the road from Ellis Street and could see no parking restriction signs.

Upon closer examination of what you describe as a yellow line, what remains is in a very poor state and is so worn as to be virtually invisible. I have attached a picture for your reference.

Just to confirm for the avoidance of doubt:

The state of the line is barely visible. In fact I'd go as far as to say that the fact that they are in such disrepair is indicative that they are historical and not being maintained any longer (in other words, they've been abandoned). There is also no sign of a T-Bar. I see no signs that restrict parking at this location.

I would ask that you please cancel this parking ticket as I believe I have not parked incorrectly.

Any suggestions?

Some of what you say will be dismissed so you may as well leave it out. My advice always is get to the point and don't deviate. Just give it to them plain and simple. If you cut out some of the unnecessary stuff you get something like -

When I parked my car, no yellow line were visible and I believed that I was entitled to park there. Since receiving the PCN I have become aware that there is supposed to be either a single or double yellow line there.

There appears to be faint remnants of a yellow line which I had not seen at the time, and they are in such a poor state as to be virtually invisible. Moreover it is unclear today if the restriction is supposed to be single or double yellows. I have attached a picture for your reference.

I would ask that you please cancel this parking ticketlink3.gif as I believe that the restriction is not adequately marked.