DC Still phoning after harassment letter sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's beacuse they lie and they cheat to try and always be one up. They don't like these modern times and the don't like forums like this which has got people fighting back. 20 years ago the consumer almost kissed their shoes because they didn't know any different, but not the message that consumers do have rights is getting out there, they don't like that.

If debt collecting agencies did their business in a law abiding manner there wouldn't be any need for only using letter and never the phone and always sending those letters by recorded delivery and in some cases even registered deivery so the entire journey can be tracked.

Now that telephone voice recorders are at an affordable price, they are also a very handy weapon should anyone receive a call and want a record of the way these companies go about their business and the real attitude of operative on the other end of the phone and also nice to keep in mind is that you do not have to tell them you are recording them so put them on their guard.

Mobile phones are another good weapon in the fight against the illegal practices and should alway be on record and in the shirt pocket when talking to the likes of bailiffs or even DWP staff so having a record of their promises.

Well IMO more fool them if they are still committing the criminal offence of harassment.

Keep a diary of events, dates times etc of all the calls. If you do answer the phone and it is them, just laugh at them and hang up.

Don't forget this is YOUR personal phone line so DON'T be afraid of answering it, and use whatever colourful language you like if some unsolicited toe rag should abuse YOUR personal phone line.

You might also like to take a look at the following links,

http://www.telepest.co.uk/08443358498

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/calling-easier-unwanted-calls.html

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9311/~/tracing-a-call

http://labby.co.uk/2011/03/disable-bt-text-messages-to-your-landline/

http://macutmore.posterous.com/report-nuisance-telephone-calls-immediatelyth

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks All

The jury is still out on that one!

We are getting letters from Reliable Collections and JD Williams - they can't decide!

They rang several times today. They are definitely playing silly games. Why send us a letter with someone elses details on it saying they looking into our complaint? we didnt complain! :-x

Thanks All

The jury is still out on that one!

We are getting letters from Reliable Collections and JD Williams - they can't decide!

They rang several times today. They are definitely playing silly games. Why send us a letter with someone elses details on it saying they looking into our complaint? we didnt complain! :-x

J.D.Williams and unreliable collections are one and the same OC and in house collections.

dpick

Thanks dpick :-) We have a laugh when different correspondence says one or the other!

When we were speaking to them they kept threatening to give it to an outside debt collection company and we kept telling them to do it, but for some reason they do not, we have requested they initiate court proceedings, yet they continue to harass. Truth be told the debt is most likely well clear now anyway. The debt went right down and then they started adding on charges (after agreeing not to (and not adding charges for 3 years) over the phone, then all of a sudden they started adding charges on at sometimes £50 + a time.

When we were speaking to them they kept threatening to give it to an outside debt collection company and we kept telling them to do it, but for some reason they do not, we have requested they initiate court proceedings, yet they continue to harass.

Put bluntly they are only continuing to harass you because you let them and keep poking them by reacting.

Ignore them, like the little children they are they will soon get bored and go annoy someone else, give a dog a bone and it will keep coming back.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

In all fairness it's someone elses debt. I'm just trying to help them, i keep advising them what to do and they just go and do what they want anyway. I told them initially not to pay anything or agree to the DCA terms but they just started paying it, and now after 3 - 4 years of religiously paying are now saying it wasn't even for their stuff anyway *facepalm*

I, on the other hand have been playing games with DCA's for years. It is a LOT of fun.

*facepalm*
:lol:

Well, you can lead a horse to water, as they say!

IMO, if they are not heeding your advice then let them dig their own grave, if they are foolish enough to allow themselves to be conned out of money they don't owe, then there is no hope, they might as well put the DCA's number on speed dial, and once this one has had their pound of flesh out of them, they WILL flog it on to another DCA and then another, until all of them have conned money out of them, his file will be marked as mug, and he will continue to be fleeced.

Shame they're not on here and can read the advice that is given...

If it's someone else's debt as you say and they've sent you correspondence containing someone else's details without properly verifying you're the debtor, then you can also make a formal complaint under breach of the DPA 1998. OFT take that very seriously... ;)

Complain to the OFT about their general attitude

and hanling of the matter and complain to The

Information Commissioner about the DPA breach.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Sorry my fault!

What i meant was that someone had ordered stuff off their catalogue and not paid for it.

Registered copy of letter sent, and the date/time of calls are being logged. Once i have all the relevant paperwork i'll draft a letter to OFT.

Agreed. This person really has made a rod for their own back with the way they are behaving with the DC. I'm trying to help and advise them as much as i can, but ultimately, if they don't want to listen and still think they know best by being so 'good and honest' then there isn't really much more i can do.

Agreed fff, if they think they know best then let them get on with it, ordering goods from a catalogue and then refusing to pay for them, is technically fraud/theft, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of them getting fast tracked to court for this.

Agreed. Although why would anyone let someone order off their catalogue? Surely they would know they'd get lumbered with the debt?

Oh, and they didn't hear a thing from this person after they'd collected the goods from this persons house. And havent heard from them since!

But, i said to the person whose having trouble with the DCA that by paying it, they admitted the debt was theirs! and they said to me "The DCA told me i had to even though it wasn't for my goods" so i replied "Of course they will! they don't care who pays it, they will try it on!"

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

If the catalogue was being run by someone as an agent ie ordering the goods so they got the commission and then passed the goods on to someone else, then unfortunately it not the one with the goods that is the debtor, it is the one that ordered them.

They put the order in in their name and they received the goods and signed for them in their name, that makes them liable for payment.

The only thing that can be done here is if the person who has the goods is known, name and address, and it can be shown that they are the ones who have the goods then issue a small claims against.

I take it a receipt for the goods was obtained when the goods were handed over.