style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, problem is demand is always freezing and becomes unwatchable which drives me mad, so we usually have to just watch the freeview channels, we have done the technical thing twice as bt requested, but still having problems, when i tried to cancel they stated we would have to pay £400 penalty to end the contract!!..now iam not stupid! there must be a legal way around this as they are not providing the service iam paying for, so what is your take on this..regards..jim

OK few points that may help.

What is your download speed? Without anything else running on your internet, (no PCs Games consoles or BT Vision) do a "broadband speed check" (google it) and let us know what your download speed is. If it is too slow, I'll tell you the process for complaining about this product being missold, as they should not supply the BT Vision if your internet is not fast enough.

Are you downloading at the same time? If so, the "on demand" content is not being left with enough bandwith from your broadband to stream the program.

What are you asking to cancel? The whole package or just the BT Vision?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

What download speeds do they advertise for your postcode?

There's a site showing average speeds for your area - but i cant post the link from my mobile.

If you must call them - tape the calls if you can.

Keep asking why you should pay for an unsatisfactory service, and then ask to ask their boss the same question...

Hi, the download speed is fine,i have checked it and bt have checked it,i am not downloading at the same time, the problem is it starts off ok then it starts freezing up, sound going off etc, i only wanted to cancel the vision iam happy with the phone and broadband, but now they have demanded £400 to disconnect they have just dug theyr own hole as i really do hold a grudge and will fight to the bitter end, even if i have to stay with them until the contract is finished, then i will cancel the lot and basically tell them cn shove it up thier....who do they think they are you would think i should be grateful of their shabby service the way she dictated to me over the phone, what makes it worse she was from india thousands of miles away and the language barrier was hilarious a full blown geordie and an indian trying to communicate! im going to stop now, i just get myself more wound up..regards..jim

[email protected] is the CEO if you wanna drop him a note.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Ian's brother is a sheriff at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

I wonder how many debt cases he hears with BT pursuing?

I'm sounding cynical again, aren't I? :lol:

I had a ton of problems in the past with BT, and traced Ian's home address. When I mentioned to the menials on the phone I would be calling him at home after speaking to them. Weirdly things fixed at once!

On Google Maps it was the house at the corner entrance to a brick paved cul-de-sac. I am sure I can find the details again if of any help!

Actually - any BT reps on here? :D:D:D

Edited by Bang!

Thanks locutus, by the way im not having a go at the lady on the phone, i was just stating the language barrier and the distance she was, i know she was only doing her job.

Just becuase you're paranoid doesn't meen the world isn't out to get you :rofl:

Please do a speed check and let us know what you are getting. It's OK saying "the broadband is fast enough" but obviously something is failing here. PLUS there is a little something that BT don't shout about the negative sides of, and that is their FON Openzone. Your lovely "hub" Allows some of your bandwith to be used by other people who are BT customers. This could be slowing your speed down.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

If you are getting that from a web based speed checker, you are correct, this should not be what causes the vision box to interrupt as it is.

Try the CEO. Tell him the trouble you are having, ask for his suggestions to get this working or to cancel the BT Vision contract. (throw in a little flattery that you hare happy with the phone service and broadband, just the BT Vision is a problem) and let us know how his department reply.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Now the strange thing is before the huge bust up, we were only getting 9 or 10 mb download speed which i thought was ok, now 17, ok i will try the vision for a few days and if no better i will get back onto them..thanks

• 5 months later...
Hi, problem is demand is always freezing and becomes unwatchable which drives me mad, so we usually have to just watch the freeview channels, we have done the technical thing twice as bt requested, but still having problems, when i tried to cancel they stated we would have to pay £400 penalty to end the contract!!..now iam not stupid! there must be a legal way around this as they are not providing the service iam paying for, so what is your take on this..regards..jim

Jim, Obviously a well kept secret. Even staff on BT Vision's help desk did not know about this problem, however when you get down to it their new Black Box is defective - well the software is. I joined BT Vision six weeks ago and I have had more problems in the past six weeks with the box freezing, re-booting for no reason, losing all it's channels and failing to record programmes, than I diid with Sky in the previous 23 years. I contacted BT on many occasions and was evenutually told there was a problem with the software on the new box. They knew what the problem was, but had no fix date. I asked for an old Grey Box - they are trouble free. Seems they are no longer available - the software was written by, and licenced from, Microsoft. BT no longer have a licence agreement with MS and so they developed their own box. The black box is the result. A badly developed, probably rushed job which was never fully tested and is what we see now - not fit for purpose.I cancelled my BT Vision subscription this morning with a full refund of everything I have paid.BT certainly know they have an issue now as they cancelled without so much as a whimper.Hope you got your freedom. Terry