Tax credit

xcn76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a complicated personal situation. The father of my 2 kids, stays at my house when I work away and some weekends as he has no permanent address. The other times he has been staying with family but he is not registered there on the electoral role or at mine. We went our seperate ways in August last year and up to that point claimed joint Tax Credits since he moved out I have claimed as a single person - corrrectly. I have not yet received this years forms to complete but am I right in saying he does not live here if he does stay sporadically? Why he cant just get some money together and register with a flat I dont know - but guess there are massive waiting lists and he is a snob about where he would live!

If it is a regular arrangement and an investigation was triggered for whatever reason then it could be argued that he could be classed as a partner for benefit purposes (include tax credits).

Does he have any links at all with your home (apart from his children) such as bills post etc?

The way they are actioning the Compliance claims at the moment is a little different from what most people seem to think.

Those who have been through this have been advised that if you are claiming as a single person your ex cannot stay overninght at all. The only time this has been allowed is when the first seperation has occurred and both partners were on the deeds or tenancy agreement; however they only allow this for a short period of time. They expect subsequent arrangements to be made which financially dissociate you from your ex.