Bryan Carter letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi new here and hoping for some guidence

recieved a letter today in the post,

Our Client: arrow Global guernsey Limited

Claim NO. ********

Outstanding Balance: £601.00

From Informations recieved it would appear that you are in employment and are paying other account but not this one

this position is totally unacceptable and in seven days time we intend to instruct an enquiry agent to ascertain where you are working, following which we will apply to the court for an attachment of earning order to be issued

once an order has been made the court will instruct your emplyer to deduct a set amount from your wages each month to pay the outstanding judgment

you can avoid all this by completing the direct debit mandate overleaf and return it to us or by using the enclosed payment card

please do not delay

if you require assistance you can also speak to one of our friendly account managers in order to help work out what amount is reasonable and affordable

yours sincerly

Bryan Carter

ive never spoken to anyone on the phone from them so i dont know where they have got his info from about me working

must be from an an orange contract i had back in 2007 which i stopped paying due to loss of job around august time in 07, i contacted orange about my circumstances but they said i was stuck with the 18 month contract.

it went away for a good 5years and popped up again recently

im 22 and dont have the foggist where to start with this so any help would be great,

thanks andy

Edited by andy225000

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

First thing you need to do is to check your Credit Files, Equifax & Experian are the biggest, they offer free 30 day trials but please remember to cancel within the 30 days otherwise you will be charged.

An attachment of Earnings can only be granted once a CCJ has been issued and you have defaulted on the payment of the CCJ.

You need to check your Credit Reference File to see if a CCJ has been awarded and Bryan Carters have obtained one by default.

Have you moved around frequently or moved recently with no mail forwarding system?

As to Statute Barred - if in Scotland, it is 5 years from date of last payment (Approx. August 2012), for England/Wales it is 6 years making SB Approx. August 2013.

Do not worry if a CCJ does show on your Credit File, this can be easily set aside as you did not know nothing about it.

Stigman

Edited by Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I'd write back in the same way they wrote to you - as follows

Dear Uncle Bryan

I DO NOT ACKNOWEDGE ANY ALLEGED DEBT FROM YOU, YOUR CLIENTS, ASSOCIATES OR AFFILIATES

Your information about my employment status is worrying, what clause in the terms and conditions of the alleged debt allow you to seek this information without informing me of the fact?

This information is required from you within 7 days, otherwise court proceedings will be issued by me without further referral to yourself, and this would be for a minimum claim of £1,000.

I would of course have to inform the SRA of this court case as they are your governing body and need to know that you have been less than truthful, as a solicitor I am sure you are aware of the gravity of this offence and your licence could be recinded.

I am not therefore completing the direct debit mandate as you have not provided sufficient information regarding this alleged debt. Please provide the date the last payment on this alleged account was made by myself so I can ascertain the vaidity of this alleged debt.

If you require any further information from me this costs a minimum charge of £25, including Litigant in Person fees per letter.

Go forth and do not bother me again.