Not sure where i stand on TV return/repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The more I've gooled the problem with my tv, found out it actually quite a common fault throughout their entire range from up to 3 years ago. I cannot understand the reasoning of charging me before hand on what they already know is a common manufacturer fault. I know its not a massive amount of money, but in these times I (as does everyone) need every penny. Would be more than happy to pay if it was a fault of my own

I had a similar problem with a TV from Argos a couple of years ago.

They sent someone to collect it.

Provided a loaner TV.

Contacted me 3 weeks later saying they couldn't repair it. Collected the loaner TV and sent me full refund.

Thats what I call customer service.:-)

yes this is the way things should happen

atleast curry's are now trying they were terrible

not like comet that dont give a damn.

still needs a wee bit of improvement though esp on this dep issue.

what concerns me too is once Gary Perryment gets involved it seems all things come from his interpretation of the various 'rules'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have a read of this surfer...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/feb/05/how-long-electrical-goods-guaranteed

Yes we are in the EU, but as Paul correctly pointed out (most, if not all) the benefits under the UK SOGA surpass all of that of this new EU directive. I believe that no court in the UK will apply the rules of the EU directive for this reason. In the UK, the SOGA is the recognised standard.

A agree but the directive is in addition to our own SOGA which is excellent. There is no judge in the Uk that would go against an EU directive as it is law and I maintain that the OP can use the directive.

Had a interesting chat with one of my managers this morning, surely charging me before they look at the product is illegal.

If I'm unable to afford 95 does that give them the right to ignore their responisbilities?

Its quite obviously a well documented manufacturer fault, and they have admitted they still have a responsibility to fix.

Why should it cost me a penny if the fault is not my own. I can't afford it, so that means I'm stuck with a broken tv and have no rights?!

Surely that's agaisnt some law.

At argos we don't don't charge the customer until we test the product and find out what the fault is.

Surely this should be standard procedure?

Would love an opinion on this.

Also, pauls comment about a refund from the manufacturer, logik is currys own brand